Senate and House 2024

While thatā€™s obviously better than Republicans being ahead, those really arenā€™t going to ā€œdecide senate controlā€. Democrats winning there would be ā€œavoiding disasterā€.

Actual senate control is going to be decided by Ohio and Montana.

Iā€™m gonna ask you a serious question. Why do yo keep acting like these Senators who are multi-term popular incumbents who won at the height of Trump in deep red states are under such a threat? Who are the more popular than them threats? In a place like Montana, Iā€™m sure Tester is known as someone who gets things done and how do they know another will who is just some Trump sycophant?

They were last elected without Trump on the ballot.

In 2016, there were zero senators who won the opposite way as the party of the presidential result.

In 2020, there was one (Susan Collins - thanks Maine!).

So, yes, they are under threat.

And even if my threat level is exaggerated, my point still stands. If Tester and Brown win, then that very likely means that all the other tossups/lean Ds went blue also.

1 Like

Review the 2018 map and their performances vs. it especially in Ohio. I want actual names of threats not vague ideas

Iā€™m unclear of your point.

Are you arguing that they are not under as big a threat as Iā€™m advertising or that they will not determine senate control?

Iā€™m arguing that youā€™ve given me no person who is a threat who can win those seats. Without an actual true threat to beat these people, these are like ā€˜Ohio is a threatā€™ to me. Yes, in the abstract sure. What about in reality right now? Who?

[INSERT GENERIC REPUBLICAN HERE] is a threat in places like Montana and Ohio if Trump is on the ballot.

Itā€™s not a completely abstract exercise. No Democrat has won a senate race with Trump on the ballot unless Trump also lost that state.

Could Brown and Tester be the first? Yes. Iā€™m aware theyā€™ve done very well relative to their statesā€™ partisan lean. But to act like this is a close to a sure thing for Democrats is completely bonkers to me.

The likely FL matchup (primary not til August) Rick Scott (R, I) v. Debbie Mucarsel-Powell (D), Latina former south Florida congresswoman.

Scott is easily a bottom-5 senator, with houseplant-level charisma, somehow worse even than Meatball Ron. He has zero accomplishments to hang his hat on during his two terms as governor, and the only thing heā€™s remarkable for during his first Senate term is actually going after the Third Rail of Social Security/Medicare. It remains mostly forgotten that his former company was found guilty of the largest Medicare fraud in history. He did no time ldo. Even other Republicans are all like, ā€œThis fuckin guyā€¦ā€

I know little about Debbie other than sheā€™s a Dem and not Rick Scott.

Anyway, Scott will probably win easily :disappointed:

1 Like

Scottā€™s gonna win by double digits imo.

https://x.com/Politics_Polls/status/1802919182494818659?t=8pJB1RnPwljJxhQWeRg4cw&s=19

Florida polls arenā€™t fooling me again.

1 Like

Yeah. Meanwhile Iā€™m hearing that local candidates are treating Dade County like it has gone red.

lol +2

https://x.com/Politics_Polls/status/1808612938887872935?t=8AIL-9xKB8qGcDlPD4xtzw&s=19

This lady from Park f-ing City is running to take Mittā€™s seat. Donā€™t ask me how itā€™s possible but we were at the U of U at the same time.

https://x.com/carolinegleich/status/1808862208220410339

Sorry Caroline, you have no shot but good luck anyway.

1 Like

LDS or not?

Idk, Iā€™d guess no. Doesnā€™t matter.

I donā€™t need to know anything more the she is wearing a flag top and pants to know she is very bad.