SARS-CoV-2: Electric Superflu

Its happening for sure. The last two weeks have felt like a month or more

Grabbed by the ear? That’s the type of stuff my grandmother did.

But yeah if I jump in that’s a 4v1 fight. I’m no shrimp either. They could probably justify killing me as self-defense.

2 Likes

Yeah 4 teenagers are not going to beat up an old lady. On the other hand if superuberbob tried it, he might end up needing one of those scarce ICU beds.

2 Likes

Grunching. Links to Singapore and Thailand?

1 Like

Lapka’s an old lady?

Gotta get my age right on people here.

It is absolutely maddening that this virus outbreak has been known since early December, recognized as a serious problem since January, been a localized health disaster since early February, and a full blown global pandemic for a month, and we still don’t know a god damn thing about anything. The reliability of information is equivalent to what we see in the first couple hours after some natural disaster or terrorist attack.

Does it spread by contact or aerosol or spit or something else or all of the above?
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Do masks help?
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Is takeout food safe?
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Do lockdowns help more than they hurt?
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Is Japan doing something right, getting lucky, or are they about to be fucked?
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Why are there so many deaths in Italy?
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Does hot weather affect spread?
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Is China telling the truth about their case numbers?
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

And it just goes on and on and on. There isn’t one single piece of information that has become conclusively more reliable as time goes on.

19 Likes

Anyone keen on a coronavirus long term predictions thread?

1 Like

Why so the future octopus hegemony can find out long term predictions and laugh about how some people expected to be able to read them?

yeah it’s weird. i always imagined lapka as a hot young chick, like 20 or 24 years old, super thin, big boobs.

i think i’m still gonna imagine that if that’s ok

10 Likes

This is how I imagine every poster.

17 Likes

The app we’re developing right now for my university is called Dinner for 12 Strangers. It basically connects a random mixed group of faculty, staff, students, and alumni at a dinner hosted by an alumnus. Probably not gonna actually happen for a while.

I’m trying to think of a better joke name we can use for it like Corona Party - but actually clever.

It also means we ain’t testing for shit, so a shitload of people are out there spreading it when they are asymptomatic.

I reckon some cool apps will come out of this.

Like how do you manage a video call with lots of people all drinking on their own without it being a noisy mess.

Somehow you want to see what’s going on and still have separate chats that you can join.

Petri dish?

3 Likes

Dining with the Curve Flatteners

1 Like

Is it inappropriate to say I’d take you out for a lovely dinner and let you pull my… ear?

7 Likes

Australia focused but good analysis on the various options countries face.

Singapore has reported its first two deaths from coronavirus: a 75-year-old Singaporean woman, and a 64-year-old Indonesian man.

Authorities said the pair both had suffered from previous health conditions.

The city-state has been lauded by the World Health Organization for its response to the outbreak – until now suffering no fatalites despite being one of the earliest countries to report cases of the virus.

But despite its determined efforts,40 new cases were reported in Singapore as of yesterday. Most of them are attributed to travellers returning from Europe, the US and other parts of Asia.

Thailand now over 400 cases after a slowish start

This is Thailand and India’s hottest time of the year. If this thing goes wild in those places then we’ll know heat makes no difference.

Here’s a super douchey picture of me that was meant to be funny but all my female friends said I look great in it. Just so were even.

This thread is taking a weird turn…

4 Likes