Rooting for Bubba Wallace & His Black Lives Matter #43 Car in NASCAR Race at Martinsville

Jesus.

George Soros, obv

1 Like

It is always projection with those clowns.

They would snap do it, so yeah certainly this black guy is going to plant this horrible sign for oppression and death of blacks people.

The unfortunate part is there are probably 200 guys on the interior if the nascar teams who easily would have done it proudly.

Apparently Denny Hamlin is doing a special paint scheme this week.

6dd0c9d0-b404-11ea-bfff-2df673b53a58

1 Like

Btw, that place is fucking amazing. If you ever get to Memphis, make it a must stop on the trip.

2 Likes

Holy shit, the scene on pit road right now is out of a movie. The other drivers marched down pit road pushing Wallace’s car to the starting line, with all of their teams marching behind him. Richard Petty came over and put an arm around him. They’re now all standing behind the car for the pre-race prayer, with Bubba standing up front next to Petty.

5 Likes

Amazing scene. And then, midway through the National Anthem, Fox in San Antonio cut away to a Gov. Abbott press conference. Grrr.

https://twitter.com/YahooSports/status/1275144995683667976

5 Likes

They’re off… Very different style of racing at Talladega, and I don’t think it bodes as well for Bubba, but he did do well at Daytona once (2nd place), which is similar. Rooting for him and also for Aric Almirola, because Stars gave me a $5 free bet and I put it on him getting 20 to 1. So if Bubba doesn’t win, the c-note would be nice.

Channel? UK noob here :blush:

It’s on Fox here in the US…

1 Like

Had to use my super secret android device, Gieco 500 here we go :blush:

NASCAR On a Russian channel :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Currently in the lead, Denny Hamlin in the, ahem, National Civil Rights Museum #11 car.

4 Likes

ok, I was fine until I heard the announcer getting choked up too.

Of course, there’s a very good chance the person who put the noose in the locker is in that crowd, so…

The race has resumed after a rain delay. Bubba is in 18th.

https://twitter.com/BubbaWallace/status/1275141190824996864?s=19

Yeah, I’m hoping it was a track official, rather than a driver or crew member, but obviously the odds say it was someone in that group standing behind him in support. Which is a great little insight into one fraction of what must be going through his mind.

Bubba started in 24th, he’s up to 12th… To be honest, it doesn’t look like he has a strong enough car to win, but he’s been hanging in there nicely. You never know when a big wreck is going to take out a bunch of contenders at Talladega, and some of them actually try to hang back for a while to avoid that. So who nkows.

And as I’ve typed this he’s up to 7th!

6th! GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Still a long ways to go, though. Not quite halfway.

5th!!!

2 Likes

Bubba got himself to the front of the outside line, if they’re able to get a good push with the draft, he could go right to the front. It’s a good place for him to be.

He’s got Kyle Busch behind him, one of the fastest cars on the track. That’s huge, because they “bump draft” at Talladega. The car behind you can literally push you and speed you up, and you take each other to the front.