Rolling Stones aka the GOAT Tourney Thread

Jesus. Doesn’t the terrible Southern accent (by way of Dartford) grate on Americans?

Did Emotional Rescue not even make it on the list somehow?

I assume you are familiar with Townes van Zandt’s live cover? Really turns it up to 11 IMO.

1 Like

lmao guess not, it wasn’t in the rolling stone top 64 list i started with and no one suggested it afterwards.

If someone really wants it i could do a playin for 16th seed in one of the later groups before starting said group.

Wow, that surprises me. It was a #3 single and drove a #1 album.

yea it has 17 million listens on Spotify which would put it up there a decent bit in standings, i’ll add it in later.

1 Like

I haven’t voted yet on that one because I love both. Couldn’t decide

1 Like

yes

Looking ahead to the third group, there are a couple of crazy tough matches to pick from.

I mean asking me to choose between “Monkey Man” and “Let it Bleed” is my Sophie’s Choice.

My #1 would probably be “Gimme Shelter” but I haven’t thought about it in a ton of detail. Really rooting for “Miss You” and “Shattered” to go far just because I suspect they may not go as far as for how good they are. Same with “Dead Flowers” and maybe “Can’t You Hear Me Knocking” although that prob does well.

My three favorites are probably Gimme Shelter, Can’t Ya Hear Me Knocking, and Beast of Burden.

1 Like

Next round is the foul lyrics round, featuring Under My Thumb and Stray Cat Blues.

1 Like

2 days left on the first round, there is one tie that needs to be broken and one other close matchup.

will do group 2 in a min.

Group II

• Satisfaction
  • Soul Survivor
0 voters
  • As Tears Go By
  • Shine A Light
0 voters
  • Tumbling Dice
  • Lady Jane
0 voters
  • Under My Thumb
  • Rip This Joint
0 voters
  • Waiting on a Friend
  • Fool to Cry
0 voters
  • You Can’t Always Get What You Want
  • Live With Me
0 voters
  • Its Only Rock and Roll
  • The Last Time
0 voters
  • Beast of Burden
  • Stray Cat Blues
0 voters

Gimme Shelter GOAT

3 Likes

Gimme shelter def has a shot

Imagine voting against satisfaction, imagine!

Also undercover of the night is growing on me big time, still not changing by vote but it’s a good song.

Y’all making all the right choices in group 1 though

Thanks for doing this. I found the show I went to on YouTube. Not sure how they edited out the crowd noise. It was insane. I was holding my lighter up in between songs and the crowd behind me was blowing it out.

1 Like

Group 2 was fairly easy aside from Beast of Burden vs. Stray Cat Blues

Also there’s a tie in the first group. What will happen there?

That was one of the easiest ones for me. Beast of Burden is one of my all time favorite songs. So soulful, and it sounds like Keith is painting colors with his guitar work.