Richmond, VA gun rights rally - How bad will it get?

The worst of the worst are threatening a mass gun rights demonstration in Richmond, VA on Monday, January 20th.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/virginia-politics/richmond-braces-for-enormous-gun-rights-rally-monday/2020/01/18/0dc41a76-3702-11ea-9541-9107303481a4_story.html

Some people are worried and alarmed.

https://twitter.com/GovernorVA/status/1217538459793010688?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^news|twgr^tweet

The Orange Führer seems to be encouraging the escalation.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1218297464941314049?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^news|twgr^tweet

There have already been some neo-Nazis arrested.

The people responsible for the murderous Charlottesville rally are promising to show up.

Should be an exciting start to the week. Happy MLK day!

4 Likes

Really, really bad. The anti-gun people are braver than I.

1 Like

Can’t wait to check my phone compulsively during the day Monday to keep tally of how many people are dead.

Beat - Monday is a workday at my company

Totally missed that this was scheduled for MLK day.

Super standard and not at all weird

3 Likes

What is their pretend reason for choosing tomorrow? Or are they openly wrapping their racism in with their gun fervor, as opposed to semi-secretly, like they used to do?

Just read this article on Slate

And this line really pisses me off:

Some Antifa groups, who frequently organize in an effort to repel, with violence if needed, those on the right with whom they disagree, were purportedly ready to engage as well.

“with whom they disagree”, oh fuck you

3 Likes

O/u 25 deaths

Some pasty tubs of goo will have a fun cosplay weekend and some heroes will have fun roasting them. Don’t think it’ll be Charlottesville.

I’ll take the under.

3 Likes

I won’t claim that they were unaware of the holiday, but, January 20th has been a lobbying day in the VA legislature for a while now. The gun issue is just bigger this year than in past years b/c there is a new blue team in charge of the leg, so gun control is expected to be on the agenda.

1 Like

I’ll take the under. Although, I think it’s going to be a situation where there’s either 0 deaths or an unbelievable amount, like 20-30

This is my take too. Maybe nothing happens. But maybe a counter protester in the back throws a rock or lit bottle - then it’s game on and we’re having a shootout.

These guys in the camo and boots with their ARs harnessed in to the shooting position - they’re UNDER ATTACK AND NEED TO PROTECT THEIR RIGHTS AND THEIR SAFETY. They want the fight, and they want to light some liberal mother fuckers up. All they need is an excuse.

Authorities seem to be taking these guys as a serious threat, unlike last time.

1 Like

Does it give anyone “pause” that neo-nazi white-supremacists are the guns rights vanguard?

I suppose that is largely a rhetorical question.

“it’s a feature not a bug”

“you sweet summer child”

https://mobile.twitter.com/AndyBCampbell/status/1218912825680257024

No no I’ve been assured by Twitter that this will just be a peaceful demonstration from 2A rights advocates and that the media is twisting it into something worse.

It’s this Why Do All These Homosexuals Keep Sucking My Cock? as “why do these white supremacists keep showing up for my guns rights rallies?”

1 Like

lol at 20-30 deaths being an unbelievable amount.

Anyways, the left should have some pre-written narratives based. If anyone dies, there should be instant reactions about how it was inevitable. If no one dies and there is no violence, the narrative should be about the shriveled-up penises of the weak white supremacist/pro-gun movement.

The aggressive activism of Antifa is a challenge to these groups. Either they get violent and prove that there is a need for gun control laws or they do nothing and show that they are afraid of tangling with Antifa.

As usual for these things, ~all of the live streams are from right wing weirdos and/or the Russian government.

Please post any non-AIDS streams if you can find them.

Clown

2020-01-19-768x629

Clowns

richmond-gun-rally-d14c4e3ca394bb88fb2190100552cbccff4b6090-s800-c85

1 Like

The military should use these rallies to drum up recruitment, you’ve got all these gun cosplayers already there walking around in shitty knockoffs of the uniform, might as well try and convert a few to real soldiers.

Two problems with that:

First, these people are enormous cowards.

Second, some of these people already washed out or couldn’t pass whatever nominal background checks are in place

3 Likes