RFC: Unban everyone

Were they ever lumped in? Did they feel lumped in and post about such? I never saw that, but they’d be due an apology if offended imo.

I’ve genuinely never seen anti UK sentiment on this board beyond when it’s warranted (boris Johnson posts etc). The actual UK posters due to their larger knowledge of the day to day life there, post way more about UK issues!

It was a term for lumping a perceived clique together. It wasn’t anti UK.

Yet those attacks were allowed to happen over and over again, with mods turning a blind eye. When I retaliated with jailorman stuff I got banned.

To clarify, again, when you say UK bros do you mean every UK poster or the select few I referenced?

+1 unban everyone

2 Likes

At least 3 of those left the forum during that time because of this. As a non american i felt a very strong xenophobic vibe and voiced my opinion on it even though i was def more friendly with team murica.

1 Like

I assume he’s just a fan

How many times have you trashed Americans - and not Americans like in general, Americans in reference to something specifically posted here by an American?

As far as i understand yes but i’m def not authorized to speak in anyone’s behalf.

I don’t know but if I ranted about Americans on this board by using a pejorative like USbros then I apologise because as I said above it’s really only about a dozen who present a serious problem for me anyway.

In the mass shooting thread there are tons of posts saying stuff like “America is a hellhole” “failed state” and 100 other posts in that same vein which are unchallenged and largely thought of as the common opinions here. No one has ever posted about the UK like that.

I mean, why? You’ve got gladhappyworldland forum all to yourselves, free from the people y’all hate with no rules or mods or bans or whatever. Everyone is a pure leftist, no one posts about fancy meals, no one is on the side of the US government, etc.

1 Like

Nope. The main grievance is the bullying and the othering. You haven’t got a fucking clue

1 Like

I don’t know. I didn’t follow closely so not sure if it’s a general or specific troll.

You can keep saying they shouldn’t feel that way, but that doesn’t change the fact that people from the UK were offended. And look, you put Smaac in that clique! If you knew Smaac at all you would see how it’s the term that created the clique.

You are ignorant to which 4-5 dozen posters are on that site and what are their politics, and what they discuss. But that won’t stop you from arrogantly pretending otherwise.

To be more clear: You are flat wrong.

I’m saying that if I take you at your word, it sure sounds like you think you’ve already won, so what are you doing here arguing with people you hate?

1 Like

giphy (41)

1 Like

Jman doesn’t intend to be trolling SwankyWilder, but he is, and he’s showing reckless indifference. Trolling jal is important enough that he doesn’t care who else doesn’t like it.

1 Like

I genuinely never saw posts ever saying the term “UK bros” was offensive to UK posters as a whole, who took it to mean that the largely NA posters using it thought less of the UK somehow? This just seems like such a gigantic leap. There just has never been anti UK sentiment here. The closest I guess we got was the C word debate, but that’s just it’s own can of worms imo.

Do you think people who were frustrated by the posting of jal, Marty, fidget etc just disliked the UK because of this? Before this? It’s such a bizarre interpretation of what happened. If it was accompanied by any anti UK sentiment this would make sense, but it never was!

2 Likes

No, I don’t. And on the other site I have tried to assure people, especially Jal, that Americans do not hate the UK. I’ve told him that the UK is our second favorite other country behind Canada. That doesn’t mean you’re not offending people. It doesn’t mean you’re not making a minority feel unwelcome. And, especially in jman’s case as he’s been told this before, it doesn’t mean you’re not showing indifference towards their feelings about it.