RFC: Unban everyone

Yes, the Hockey game I posted about 4 hours ago ended. Hilarious way to start a “raised by wolves” attack post dude.

One out of three isn’t bad.

Hey guys are you old enough to remember when Vic was doing some CSI shit on the Sabo ban thread to make his case that Sabo was inappropriately banned? Silence man just said he has recently reread the PM thread and said he has nothing to apologize for, and that maybe true. But can I specifically get a second look at that PM thread, as I was invited to it before it was leaked, I posted in it, and I assume I have some right to reread its contents? I just don’t remember it the same way that people involved in it remember it.

You can check for yourself dude, it’s just a couple of clicks away. No, the note hasn’t been removed.

JTs memory is slightly off. What I posted was in response to someone saying that it was racially stereotyping Chinese people to characterise their food markets as being unhygienic (which it is), by saying it was also racially stereotyping Chinese people by characterising them as a nation of scientists.

Wookie called this NAKED RACISM and banned me for a week.

What do you make of that?

It’s pretty clear that the forum had toxic moderation from the off, and if it had instead been unibaised a lot of these bad feelings wouldn’t have arisen.

1 Like

A massively lol part

1 Like

They literally wanted their own little section to use misogynistic language to their heart’s content, and to have more lax standards than the other forums. If you have a term for a rougher, less polished, more neglected part of town that doesn’t have racial connotations, I’m open to adopting it, but slum, hood, “other side of the tracks,” etc. all do.

I never accused anyone of wanting to be racist in there, and it wasn’t making a racial comparison.

Nah you just said we’re ignorant, money-grubbing, and don’t care about non-American lives.

LMFAO

3 Likes

Just to be clear, it is not a breach of privacy for a bunch of people to characterize that thread in the best possible light, though it may be a breach of privacy for let’s say me to reread it and offer a different characterization? Fine, I wouldn’t say a word on it, I just want to reread it to check my sanity.

Also, I assume this is not a breach of privacy, can you or somebody post my first or second post in the thread, where I said I found it disgusting? Thanks.

I think he was out of line.

I know that it was directed at sabo but i want to emphasis i like fancy meals.

American’s in general? And this is wrong how?

Not Americans in general, Americans in this forum.

He’s made tons of other posts about Americans in general but I specifically referenced those.

I wish after 20 times insulting me jal would at least remember where I live :frowning:

Personally, I think there is plenty of blame to go around on all sides. Me included! As micro said this site was suppose to be a place all of us like-minded people took refuge from the right wing idiots on two plus two. We made mistakes when setting this place up, chief among them I now believe, was being too strict with modding of all kinds. This is especially true since over modding is what drove us from two plus two in the first place. It’s a bummer some of us didn’t see this obvious disconnect.

I miss the voice of many of the people who don’t post here anymore and feel we have become far more uniform since some of the those people left. This has left us worse off for sure.

I don’t know if there is anyway to merge us all again but i would love it. A trial where we stop modding and banning is worth the effort imo.

8 Likes

I agree, we should not be referring to you as the ‘UK bros’ because there are plenty of people on this site from the UK who are not assholes and not a part of your group, and there are also lots of captains who are not from the UK. “The Captains” or “The clique” have always seemed appropriate to me.

I’m not going to go dig it up but I will vouch that your recollection is basically accurate. (Might be 100 percent dead on accurate, but definitely is at least basically accurate.)

Also, I said I have nothing to apologize for and stand by my posts. I didn’t say anything about being a perfect angel. Many/most were more reserved than me in the PM. It’s just that I didn’t post anything I haven’t expressed on the open forum. (Don’t want to make it look like I was saying, hey it wasn’t me it was those other guys being mean.)

It’s also curious that none of the other little cliques here have ever responded to the request to share their PM threads, which I’m sure are filled with incense and peppermints.

This place never ceases to amaze me.

5 Likes

Hold on, what, if I made a mistake sorry, how am I calling you a liar in anyway right now?

I also don’t detest you, I’m clearly triggered by certain things about this, misrepresentations (according to me) about that thread being one of these things. Reread my message to you if you still have it, I still stand behind the first paragraph.

Well he was wrong because the Democratic Party will likely be for the money-grubbers in the future lelel