RFC: Should mods have the ability to "contain" users?

Pretty simple.

Should mods be able to tell users that they are contained to a single thread or subforum or that their posts on a particular topic shall be limited to a particular thread, to be enforced with temp-bans if the poster strays from those areas?

Should mods have the power to contain users?
  • Yes, mods should have this power
  • No, mods should not have this power
  • We should put it up for a vote and let the community decide if mods should have this power
  • I don’t know

0 voters

This is the PM I got before the escalating bans for not accepting the “request”.

1 Like

Submitted without comment.

1 Like

I was being sarcastic. I came off one of his bans for “misogyny” for saying to a woman “I am sorry that’s how you feel”, right before I sent that. I was giving him tips on what trumped up charges to get me on next.

1 Like

I generally agree with your assertion and, thinking out loud, wonder if the “containment power” would add a tool for moderation. Might provide an escalation/de-escalation tool.

Yes, when you did damn near nothing on this forum but throw shit in about unstuck

D2 is one of my favorite posters. Speak for yourself.

He’s done a lot better since being told to do something other than post stupid shit in about unstuck. Seems like it worked

He was the opposite of that when he was told to knock it off. And it worked!

2 Likes

He hasn’t really changed at all AFAICT.

In a forum ripped apart by overbearing moderation let’s give the mods even more powers that they can abuse.

1 Like

He actually participates on outside of about unstuck, so he obviously has

Well good thing he wasn’t contained then.

He was the opposite of contained. He was told to do something else and contribute to au

So why did you vote for containment?

Because it can help sometimes and I trust the mods to use it well

I don’t know we have had lots of different moderators at this point and mostly the same people are always getting moderated.

2 Likes

That only speaks to group think among mods.

Kind words, thank you, zara.

Yes, I always leave an out. Whether my interlocutor chooses to take it is on that person.

Yeah, no, I don’t, ikes.

1 Like