RFC: Proposed New Subforum

Didn’t the 4 or 5th iteration of it get really racist/fascist? The one right around the time we left? Or am I misremembering?

I’m not a captain, but again if you had any idea what you were talking about you would know that. Again, I would wager money 80% plus were using original accounts in the PM.

What do you want me to feel shame for this?

It’s ok bubs, you don’t know me so I don’t care if you think I’m a baby for using a self ban.

You can continue to demonstrate you don’t know what you are talking about all you want.

Or just go back and delete your post.

Step 2 can happen in here. Should, really, unless we somehow crack 10k posts before that point.

2 Likes

I dont feel we have had a concrete response from a sub forum advocate to how will we prevent cross poking.

Rather it just tends to be a reply which is some version of “how do we stop it from main to sub or towards sabo/etc now”

Personally. Im not seeing this as adequate. Maybe im missing something? Is this worry overblown?

1 Like

You said I made fun of you for personal loss. That’s not true. Self-banning is childish obviously. Why didn’t you just come back on your original account?

Anyways this back and forth is tiring. Best of luck.

Thanks, I see that now and have edited my post above to reflect it

This is a perfect microcosm of how endless debate on every little mod decision has helped get us into this mess.

How it should have gone:
Mods: “We’re banning the c-word”
Posters who like using the c-word: “Why?”
Mods: “Because it’s offensive to some people, especially women.”
Posters who like using the c-word: “Oh ok. Seems pretty stupid to me but whatever. I’m not going to make a big deal about not being able to type one curse word on a message forum.”

How it actually went.
Mods: “We’re banning the c-word”
Posters who like using the c-word: “Why?”
Mods: “Because it’s offensive to some people, especially women.”
Posters who like using the c-word: "Are you calling me a sexist and a misogynist? I’ll have you know in my country that word has a different connotation. … "

Aaaannnnnd we’re off to the races. Headed for hurt feelings all around.

I’m sure I missed a few steps in there. But the point remains that if they just initially let it go, like the tiny thing it is, it never would have ended in massive rancor. That’s on them, which is my whole point.

2 Likes

If I may interject I would like to wait to move forward with any further votes or settling on final wording of polls until JT comes back from the break he wanted to take, and see if microbet wants to stick around after the 2 week temp ban he took as a cool down to a self-permaban.

4 Likes

this thread is funny

7 Likes

Welcome to the forum Mat! Have your thoughts changed at all on SHS?

2 Likes

And, you know, missing the few steps that Vict0ar pointed out, the steps that are crucial in redefining the series of events, yeah, why would those ever be important?

Imagine if Suzzer was the same dude who unironically posted this quote more than a few times:

1 Like

This is not accurate. There are lengthy exchanges between Wookie and me where Wookie repeatedly disputes my claim that the term as used in countries other than the US is not sexist. He refused to be happy with “OK you won the poll, we just won’t say it”. He wasn’t satisfied with anything other than the canonical declaration that it was Sexist Anyway, Wherever. Which is to say, we really were being called sexists, not, as you portray it here, inaccurately claiming to have been.

6 Likes

But … again … it didn’t go like like that. It wasn’t “are you calling me a sexist and a misogynist?” - it was “you are a misogynist if you use that word regardless of it’s connotation in whatever backwater of the world you live in that isn’t U.S.A.”

Believe whatever you want though - it’s the UP way.

3 Likes

RFC mins are 3+7+7

1 Like

Well, that’s not a problem. You want to lock the thread until then or keep hashing things out?

LOCK IT
LOCK IT
LOCK IT
LOCK IT
LOCK IT
LOCK IT
LOCK IT

1 Like

FWIW suzzer PM’d me to say this (saying in the PM that I could post it):

I dug up the c-word (one of them at least) thread from my muted threads. I see a lot of people on both sides wanting to argue and dragging it out and eventually getting into massive hurt feelings territory. The UK guys seemed pretty reasonable before the shit started to hit the fan. I’ll shut up about the c-word now.
My point still stands that debating every mod decision is a bad thing for this forum.

I want to say two things about this, the first, personal and specific to suzzer - it says a lot of good things about suzzer that he: bothered to check; realised we had a point; wanted to acknowledge that we had a point and didn’t want to keep that acknowledgement ‘just between us guys’ etc. The forum as a whole could use a lot more of that.

The second, which I want to stress is universal and something I think applies to literally all of humanity: how he came to be mistaken to begin with was because he was talking about how his team had, in the past, interacted with the other team. I don’t think he was lying, I think he was remembering what seemed most plausible to him. It seemed most plausible to him that his team had been totally reasonable and that the other team had been the most godawful cads. The forum as a whole could use a lot less of that (and again, big props to suzzer).

nyeah nyeah :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

14 Likes

Every incarnation was super racist. Which was completely predictable; giving racist dingdongs a lightly-moderated forum is going to result in racist dingdongs posting racist bullshit. Like, anyone who’s been on the information superhighway before should have seen what was coming.

This only got THREE likes, people.

3 Likes

Deserved a lot more but this has been a rough few days.

1 Like

It was a training ground on how to avoid moderation while being a nazi imo.