RFC: Nononocantsleep and/or Rugby and/or otatop For Mod (and 6ix?)

Since you all insist on sucking the joy and fun out of everything: That is not what I said, that is most definitely whoo boy not what he said, and you should tell the truth more.

2 Likes

Oh sorry, that was the second question, right. The first one took a lot out of me. Let me put a pin in that for now, but, for now I’ll just ask which part of that mess? That question is part of my answer, because I definitely wouldn’t treat each interaction the same (you vs Sabo, Sabo vs ___, etc).

And my answer was being a politician, it was sincere, but I’d understand why you wouldn’t believe me.

Ill put aside the statement about other mods, other than to say im not sure i agree with it.

As for subjectivity, personal feelings etc.

I think mods should use judgement. Good modding requires an understanding of context, previous work, the flow of a debate, etc. We ask mods to use that judgement for us, and we should generally let them get on with it.

That doesnt mean mods shouldnt seek and act on feedback. Id take the temp of the room in threads, listen to and respond to the about moderation threads, and discuss with other mods.

If those course corrections dont work and im getting way off base and upsetting people i would probably just quit being a mod. This is why its important to lay this stuff out in advance.

Im not sure theres a gulf.

If anything, i think some mods have undermodded, and undermodded one side more than the other.

I figure the best way to address that is just to have more mods, and for those mods to address the shitty posting that they see. It will kind of work it self out on balance i imagine.

If the mods have significant differences, then i think we just talk them out like adults and try and reach a consensus.

Unrelated note, that is a cool looking cat.

2 Likes

Zara and Vic, I’m asking as a personal favor and not as any sort of judgment, to ceasefire for a little bit.

Sick bump.

Thanks, I was just about to make a post replying to Zara’s last post, and figured I’d preface it with that. It seems like the sort of thing that’d be thoughtful and diplomatic, right?

Name calling and threats of violence, tsk tsk. If I were in a worse mood I’d be contemplating very seriously about flagging this post.

1 Like

It is nearly verbatim what you said. Never been gaslit before, fun time to start. The funniest thing is you screenshotted this post, then scratched out the offensive part in Mspaint before reposting it. Then you lied about the post after deleting it.
Because you literally screenshotted the post, you could actually post it. We both know the reason you will not.

This is approaching Wil uses his kid as a prop level of pathetic internet behavior.

1 Like

For one, you’re describing two different posts.

There’s the one you brought up ITT, the now apparently infamous paint-chips-post. MrWookie deleted that. There have been no screenshots and MSpaints.

The other post was detailed in this thread,

Etc. See, two separate posts, that you seem to be confusing for each other, and thus, confusing my reactions and behaviors.

I explained all this in the thread:

If you didn’t understand that explanation we could’ve clarified it, potentially.

3 Likes

Basically it’s like this: You seem to be bothered and want to air your grievances, and discuss the topic surrounding those grievances. I made a thread where you could’ve done exactly that. It was locked, not by me. When I’m mod I will take very seriously the respect you deserve to have those grievances aired.

4 Likes

So whats next here?

In about 12 minutes, someone can send an OP to spidercrab or another admin to post, along with an accompanying banner, for a community vote on the three prospective mods who would have then met the requirements for that. You or anyone is welcome to do so. Or I will.

6ix should practice modding horizontally in the new sub forum. As someone else noted anyone who has as little respect for the rules here as he does does not deserve to be a mod.

He likely will be in conflict with the other moderators constantly, who would be enforcing the community rules, and we do not need that drama.

I can’t think of a person, based on their last month of behavior, has demonstrated less capability of being a qualified moderator for the site.

3 Likes

I can.

7 Likes

Any mod system without me is illegitimate.

What’s the new subforum?

I don’t know which post has the poll and I’m not looking. Just put me down for yes on all of them.

Which rules don’t I have respect for?

Oh hey, sorry Marksman, I’m sure you would’ve replied if you could’ve found a list of the actual rules, and I probably should’ve helped out with that up front.

Then I think you have to follow some more links to find the actual actual rules, but for now, can I guess that this is the one you’re referring to?

It’s that one, right?

4 Likes