Reveal Thread: Walrus Grab Bag 2 - The Walrus Strikes Back

This is mine. I thought you might see “Taylor Swift” and laugh it out of contention.

I’m shocked and glad it finished so high. I didn’t put in the commentary why I chose this, really, because it would have given it away. This song became intensely personal for me since I was dealing with the death of my aunt, who was on a ventilator in a hospital, and visits were severely restricted, etc. As an added kick in the gut, my uncle, her husband, was a 2-star general after serving in Vietnam and Desert Storm 1…so both verses hit home.

I was never a huge fan either, but her new album is so different

4 Likes

3 Likes

well if it helps the 2 songs I have enjoyed most so far are Horselords and TayTay.

3 Likes

And yeah, I could probably swap 3rd to 6th in many different orders and be fine with it. When it’s really close it comes down to just mood when I made the final rank

1 Like

Yup…”Somewhere between pure noise and polished pop” is about the range I had you on, but thanks for confirming.

1 Like

Back to back podiums! Once I didn’t get a bottom 3 I had a pretty good feeling because I think I submitted a love/hate kinda song. The downside is this and Pauwl’s category were probably two of my top four submissions.

@seities I almost submitted my song to your category so you can tell me what you think when it comes up.

4 Likes

That Taylor Swift track is great. Also really enjoyed Whetan. I think you have had some good stuff submitted here. And a good mix of styles

5 Likes

Bang on!

2 Likes

It might just be my overall mood and some bad luck, nothing on you guys.

2 Likes

Yeah, I really like that Whetan track, too. has a Chemical Brothers feel, or something similar.

1 Like

In 3th place with 11 points

TTRRUUCES - I’m Alive

There’s a real risk here that this would be in a Diet Coke commercial in the very near future, but until then it’s another fun little gem. Very hipsterish but whatever, it’s fun. It reminded me of a modern version to Bran Van 3000 Drinking In LA from probably over two decades ago. No idea why, my music associations are weird.
Cool little song.

4 Likes

Happy with a bronze here.

3 Likes

That’s mine. Can’t complain about 4th place.

3 Likes

massive improvement from the time you sent me The Darkness.

1 Like

TBF that was you, not me.

1 Like

In 2nd place with 12 point

Little Simz - might bang, might not

Before I clicked I thought that’s a great title. Then I clicked the link and after 2 seconds of her accent it was obvious this is basically a cheat code. She’d have to rap the actual 14 words for me to hate this.
I do feel like I will like other stuff of hers more. The flow is great, the lyrics are pretty tight. I’ll give this EP a listen for sure.

5 Likes

Unfortunately I have to bow out before what I am concerned may be yet another goatnitski victory.

Yuv - despite the category not quite clicking for you, I really enjoyed this reveal and it seems most of us found some tracks in here we liked. ty for your service!

2 Likes

goatnitski got belgium’ed in congo around 9th place

4 Likes

Easy game

7 Likes

This one was great.

1 Like