Reveal Thread: Walrus Grab Bag 2 - The Walrus Strikes Back

ok. who’s doing the impromptu reveal tonight?

it’s like summer camp in this forum now that I’m on my meds

I’m gonna heat up some pizza

what are you guys doing?!

oh ty lord Jesus I have tomorrow off

4 Likes

2 Likes

More offended by this than anything you could’ve possibly said

2 Likes

Man I don’t even know what this gif means. I assume it means you love it though.

1 Like

https://unstuckpolitics.com/t/bangers/1406

1 Like

Well that’s why it’s bonus content and not a carefully curated submission (I did briefly consider submitting the non acapella version to Pauwl’s walrus to be honest, still get next to last in the category for my Chrono Trigger selection).

1 Like

the 2 categories I basically didnt even try have already happened lol 3 points in each, so I think I’m shipping this whole competition

6 Likes

I’ve got so ‘old’ that even when I look stuff up and find it I know I’ll still probably forget and never listen again anyway.

3 Likes

I think I’m all still on for later—there’s a chance I need to go buy a car, but it’s unlikely and I can probably still do the reveal even if I do. It’s all ready to go, so I’m expecting to kick off around 4:30pm EDT.

Here’s something you could have submitted and won. You did fine, though (mostly.)

3 Likes

Whatever you do, don’t buy a Renault.

I worked for them for many years, had a free company car every year and the unanimous verdict among colleagues was that they were all, without exception, shit in some important way.

3 Likes

There’s a lot of them about here, and I did look at a few, but no, not Renault. I’ll not post what I have bought as I’m sure someone else will come along to say why they’re shite too, and I want some peace of mind for at least a little while.

2 Likes

That’s good. You won’t find yourself distracted by random warnings appearing as you’re driving along an autoroute, then.

Or by the infamous Clio bonnet self-opening at 70mph that they tried to hush up.

2 Likes

I bought one years and years ago from a used car lot for like 500 bux lol. The fucking electrical wiring was all fucked, so the lights wouldn’t work and I couldn’t drive at night. It sat in my garage for many months. I got a dumpster delivered to my driveway to dispose of a variety of large-item trash I’d accumulated. I literally thought to roll that fucking car into the dumpster

6 Likes

Goodbye sweet lead! It’s been the honor of a lifetime to hold you through five rounds. <1% chance I don’t nodium this one.

3 Likes

Gotta respect a man who knows himself. And Mr Jiggles knows his next entry is going to the same place as Riv’s Renault should have.

2 Likes

Lol my song for your category. After trying to turn you on to that band, and it not quite taking, I go and submit one of their songs.

Say good things to yourself, like how wonderfully made you and your walrus entry are!

1 Like

Pyat’s category was always going to be the hardest for me. However I decided to put in some effort and lined up some jazz to listen to as recommended by my brother. Then he changed the category and I just threw up my hands and submitted whatever.

What I’m saying is I absolutely would have aced it if it weren’t for the category change so it’s not really my fault.

1 Like

Predictions:

Categories I am optimistic for:
cassette
pyatnitski

might bang, might not:
eyebooger
nicholasp
notbrucez
seities

hoping for the best:
skydiver
swankywilder

5 Likes

Someone else said something like this and it confused me as it implies jazz doesn’t have great drums, which is the exact opposite of the truth.

3 Likes