Reveal Thread: Walrus Grab Bag 2 - The Walrus Strikes Back

Great track! Glad you didn’t win tho’ ;)

2 Likes

There it is. I put in my entries early. Then discovered a bunch of 2020 albums later, but you had already submitted so I figured it would be cheating to change it. I still really like this band. I saw them open for The Shins a few years ago.

ETA: Tennis was me

3 Likes

Yeah I agree with your takeaway that its probably a combo of 3 and 4. My category for this Walrus is definitely the one that I can “work with” the most from top to bottom. But then again, some people said they found it difficult, so I might have been a bit too specific.

Categories = hard.

1 Like

I see Tennis (wtf they are) have been listening to some of Lennon’s solo albums.

1 Like

it’s funny how quickly you get to know people’s taste

Just so you know i’m multitasking this with making my world famous banana ice cream for a very annoyed child.

7 Likes

In 6th place with 8 points

Puscifer - Apocalyptical

I don’t like Tool. I don’t like A Perfect Circle. Wasn’t all that sure what to expect since I know Puscifer is a Maynard James Keenan project. In a world where I vibed better with the overall entries this would probably end up a few spots back, but it was entertaining enough to make it to the middle part. Strong 80’s vibe, weird Eurythmics homage in the video. Lyrics are suitable (“head down, ignore the evidence”). Better than I expected.

3 Likes

I also had to laugh at this IRL.

1 Like

That’s an interesting track. Hard to judge definitively from only one listen.

Going by the entries in my category people have wildly misjudged what I consider interesting.
Next time must come up with a better category and better definition of what I would like to listen to. I don’t think I got anything as diverse as Horselords or Bantou Mentale

1 Like

Yar this was ya boy seities. I don’t really have a lot to select from in 2020, but I stumbled across this a few weeks back and taking into account the relevance of the lyrics I figured I would give it a shot.

I’ll definitely take a Pauwl for this category. Enjoying the reveal!

1 Like

Oh, I meant i was able to guess who sent what in a surprising rate for me. Not that people made adjustments, that is harder because of said personal taste.

In 5th place with 9 points

Taylor Swift - Epiphany

To be honest, I don’t actually know much about Taylor Swift. I’m sure I heard many of her hits, but I couldn’t name a song of hers. I do know she is very influential and while this song doesn’t have as many views as I expected, she does have 40M subscribers.
This wouldn’t be relevant in a vacuum, but I do appreciate someone with that much influence making an obvious choice to use it for a good purpose.
It might be super cheesy, but I also have a soft spot for empathy related themes in America, as it’s an issue I’ve had trouble with here.
Anyway, good on her. Since I wasn’t a huge fan of anything up to this point, I’m happy to give her 9 points.

5 Likes

Everybody, please identify your songs. I’m falling behind on quite a few now.

If I have to look them up in PMs, there will be points docked. :wink:

2 Likes

I think of all the regular Walrus contestants you are the one I am having the most trouble getting any read at all on.

Granted, for every other contestant my read is wrong, but at least I have one.

4 Likes

Wow, yeah, I think I really liked that.

1 Like

Isn’t it more of a Robert Palmer homage. I really enjoyed this one

2 Likes

A banger in my book. Video is aces. Nice of Melania to appear as the female vocalist.

3 Likes

If you hate Tool I’m not surprised you don’t like Horse Lords. They are like Tool turned to 11 without the emo or the bad lead singer.

1 Like

In 4th place with 10 points

Whetan - All in my head

I mean it’s a fun little banger. Jam packed. 2 something minutes. Fun listen. I kinda wish it would have ranked in the middle of the pack, but I enjoyed it more than the rest of the songs so there you have it. Don’t know who Whetan or grandson are, but they relatively banged

4 Likes