Request Product Recommendations ITT!

If you need to know asap, that’s one of the best acer laptops on the market right now. Numerous mags have it as the best current budget laptop. The price seems good too. The cheapest version has the AMD Ryzen 5 3500chip for $599. This one has the Ryzen 5 4500 and double the RAM.

I don’t know the exact details of of the screen like lawnmower-man probably does.

1 Like

Does anyone have experience with folding bicycles? I’m thinking about getting a cheap one for light recreational use. Single-speed might be sufficient for my needs. I definitely don’t need some 21-speed mountain bike. I haven’t ridden a bike in two decades. I’m looking at the cheap under-$300 price range.

Any suggestions for a portable projector that would be sufficient for sharing Powerpoints for an outdoor college classroom? I’d like to minimize spending while also ensuring daylight readability. I’m not worried about showing them Avatar in 4k at high brightness, they just need to be able to take notes. I have literally zero experience with consumer projectors so I’m not sure of the lumens/lux necessary to make this happen.

Thanks in advance.

P.S., One of the major advantages of the Zoji rice cookers above - which I haven’t seen mentioned - is their capacity for keeping rice warm and pleasantly edible for 12-20+ hours. That’s a massive pro for the families who eat rice 2-3 meals/day, or for anyone else interested in saving money in the long-term by increasing rice consumption.

Why does the bike need to be a folding one? Those are mainly for people who use public transportation or travel a lot. Even the best ones are usually inferior to the regular ones for the same price.

Because I am thinking about buying it for a scenario that involves traveling.

What mainly drives the price are weight, amount of gears, design and how small they are folded. If you’re just putting the bike in the trunk of your car then a cheaper slightly heavier one is more suited to your needs.
A bike with bigger tires might be better if you’re a taller guy. You can definitely find what you’re looking for brand new in your price range. The Shimano Bergsteiger 20 inch is probably a good choice for you. It does have gears.

1 Like

Holy fuck that thing off roads? :heart_eyes: Ive been waiting for a motorized skateboard with giant wheels.

:zipper_mouth_face:

I have never used it but this one has great reviews.

https://www.amazon.com/2600Lux-Theater-Projector-Display-L8/dp/B07DDF58XM/ref=sr_1_3?crid=214V7TDS9SDKH&dchild=1&keywords=dr+j+professional+projector&qid=1596133036&sprefix=Dr+j%2Caps%2C228&sr=8-3

1 Like

10 yrs ago Wife and I splurged for a king hardwood bed, but the best thing was the latex mattress - layers of latex foam mattress that you put together - Her side has one level softer than mine for each layer. Super comfy for all.

1 Like

I know you already got some and this is an old request but I like Muscle Feast whey isolate, also highly rated on labdoor and I like the chocolate flavor.

1 Like

Sorry didn’t see this but I really have no idea about anything other than Thinkpad these days. Mine has taken a beating and is still going strong. Every other laptop I’ve touched felt like a cheap plastic toy with horrible keybed since I got this one. Great box for Linux too.

I forgot about the Fujifilm X70. It might be up your alley if viewfinder is irrelevant to you.

The Fujifilm X70 is a tiny, exquisitely well made all-metal camera. It is at least as well made as anything from LEICA today.

If you want a compact, great-feeling camera camera to take anywhere, the X70 is marvelous. It constantly reminds you of its quality and the great choice you made to get one every time you touch it; it’s not some plastic rubbish like most cameras today. The X70 delivers pride of ownership in spades.

The Fujifilm X70 is a smaller version of the X100T with a smaller, slower lens and no viewfinder of any kind. Therefore it’s not at all like the X100T, and why it sells for half the price. It offers the same great image quality and fantastic flash performance, but you’re almost always holding it at arm’s length to shoot.

https://www.kenrockwell.com/fuji/x70.htm

Can also check this place for used gear. I’ve bought from them but sometimes their prices are a little higher than market. Look at the used inventory at Adorama, KEH, and B&H Photo to see if it’s reasonable. Brick and mortar camera shops near you might have better deals in my experience.

https://www.mpb.com/de-de/

1 Like

Sofa. For the tv room. What do I want? Mother suggested “American Leather”. Should I get it with built in recliners? Opinions?

For the chair people, I recommend this one:

https://www.officedepot.com/a/products/388262/Realspace-Modern-Comfort-Winsley-Bonded-Leather/

I spend long hours in the chair and though it’s not rated for long hours, I don’t find it uncomfortable after long hours. I think I’ve had it for nearly 4 years and wear and tear is mostly on one of the arm cushions probably due to me scraping it across my desk when I turn it to the left (it’s on the front right edge of the right arm cushion). At its price, it’s also pretty low risk if you don’t like it.

It comes in black, white, and gray.

I wear Keen steel toe slip on shoes at work, I used to wear boots and the shoes are so much more comfortable. I’ve also had these shoes for 4 years and they’ve held up pretty well in a harsh chemical environment. The ones you posted look like they could be nice, never worn that brand

1 Like

How much do you want to spend?

I don’t know anything about “American leather” but we got leather couch/sofa/recliner, with recliners on the ends of couch/sofa and we all like them. We got electric recliners but I’d go with the kind with handles on the side like they advertise for old people. The electric are too slow.

I’ve been without a grill for a couple of months and I’m ready for a new one. Prior grill was a basic Weber propane (Genesis, I think?).

Talk me into replacing it with either another propane grill (probably one of the Webers recommended by Wirecutter: The 3 Best Gas Grills of 2023 | Reviews by Wirecutter) vs. something more exotic like this:
Camp Chef Woodwind Pellet Grill Reviewed And Rated

Basic grill uses are steaks, burgers, chicken. Haven’t ever smoked anything and am kind of intrigued by that possibility. But I don’t want to buy something that’s more effort and only kind of good at the thing that I use it for.

So basically, tell me what grill to buy. Thanks!

My parents just gifted us wirecutter’s #1, the Spirit II E-310 as a housewarming/birthday present. If you’re looking to do that basic kinda stuff (just like us) I can’t think of a better option.

1 Like