Questionable ban of Jalfrezi

I honestly have no idea what you’re talking about. If you want to explain how either one of us expressed anti-Chinese hate or maligned all of China’s scientists, feel free to elaborate.

We just spent a full year dissecting every statement that the CDC made, and more often than not coming down on the side of “they’re lying”, but it’s anti-Chinese hate to question their version of CDC when they say “nah we’re pretty sure it’s not from our lab”?

Like 100% of the argument here seems to be “well some racists also believe this, you sound like chiefsplanet”.

10 Likes

Calm down mate.

4 Likes

If you guys want to balance the “hate on Chinese scientists” we can add in this article for hate on American scientists and the American army

Just some good old infecting monkeys with a redacted agent and a person in the facility entering rooms without full protection where infected primates were on a necropsy table or in cages

And a weird respiratory outbreak in July (around same time the lab was shut down) at an old folks home an hour away from the lab, don’t think it was ever identified

The above two might not be connected but acting like these science labs are super safe because of scientists is dumb. Scientists are humans who can be careless and do things that are stupid too. We should make sure security standards at all these labs are as best as possible and look for any possible leaks in their procedures

2 Likes

Yeah, that was pretty embarrassing too.

??? It was true? Are we just completely memory holing the last year to make sure nobody questions the Biden CDC? What the hell are you talking about?

1 Like

How are the same four people still squabbling about roughly the same thing nearly a year later? I have to say I am impressed. No chance I wouldn’t get bored at some point.

1 Like

Stop being silly, it’s not like the CDC ever said something wildly dangerous like

CDC does not currently recommend the use of face masks for the general public. This virus is not spreading in the community.

last February or anything.

4 Likes

People were digging through every CDC statement and crowing over any discrepancy/error and inventing conspiracy stories out of whole cloth. Obviously the CDC is lying to you. Not that there might be good-faith mistakes when people are scrambling to understand a brand new disease, obv the government is hiding the truth because reasons.

It’s the same thing with conspiracy truthers, if there’s a false report about a second shooter, it must be conspiracy. Couldn’t be that a witness or reporter just got something wrong.

4 Likes

I have no problem with people taking opinions that others may find to be contrarian or wrong. There is no debate if the expectation is that everyone take whatever the most popular opinion of the day and other viewpoints are by default assumed to be morally wrong in some way. However, once one takes a position that either explicitly or by strong implication makes derogatory statement of an entire group of people, you should damn well consider other’s statements in difference and not state such things with a flippant ‘I might be wrong but I’m just telling you what I think’ attitude.

It is a whole other thing to then after doing this, to then COMPLETELY ignore the point that someone makes reasonably until the conversation is unreasonable, next when the formerly reasonable is like fucket I’m out and be like, ‘yup you don’t want to defend your position so much be wrong HARHAR.’ Why would anyone want to debate anything with people talk like this? You don’t care that shitpost tactics like this aren’t even frowned upon? If so, then you too are part of the problem and hope you will read this thoughtfully before replying with some shitpost 1 liner edit that misses the point.

You haven’t even come anywhere close to demonstrating that anyone did this.

1 Like

You might want to sit down for this but some chiefsplanet deplorables think the world is round.

2 Likes

reductio ad absurdeez nuts

1 Like

IMO ban everyone but @6ix and make this place a 6ix blog

6 Likes

Nah 6 needs content to riff on. The 10 post 6 grunch is classic but you need to have at least skimmed the preceeding 500 posts for it to work best.

1 Like

This ban again is unwarranted & even if it seemed so we were promised relaxed posting In sports threads that got emotional.

It’s effing football Banter ffs… And we were promised to be allowed to mod our own sports threads.

2 Likes

It would appear this is yet another questionable ban of Jalfezzi dished out by a mod not in tune with the nature of the football thread

IMO this decision should be reversed

1 Like