Presidential Debate Thread: Take 2 (Tonight at 9 PM Eastern)

Not only did they do a great job on prepping on the issues - which IMO was pretty straightforward because he harps on the same 2 or 3 all the time - but they really went to work on how to treat him, which has the risk of going awry, but it’s worked perfectly.

3 Likes

Topic #4 not surprising me too much!

Maybe I’m too pessimistic but I don’t think this is going great

Moderators are going to get absolutely torched by Fox & co.

1 Like

https://x.com/aoc/status/1833686139435122978?s=46&t=5Y4DrgHazxMWQ9paU0HR7w

Would love to hear the Trump advisors right now

7 Likes

So tonight Trump will be whining about moderators and demanding a debate on Fox News. Kamala can just say I think the American people saw all they needed to.

4 Likes

Are we watching the same debate?

3 Likes

Wat?

1 Like

Isn’t she doing basically everything you have suggested. Laugh at him. Call him an idiot and weak.

1 Like

I normally skip post-debate shows, but now I wonder how poorly Fox will handle this.

1 Like

Stunningly, this is the most surprising thing I’ve heard tonight.

18 Likes

Give us an update please. I can’t watch that.

This is literally the best a democratic candidate has done in a presidential debate this century

5 Likes

Just get a yes on amendment 4 commercial here in Florida

Yes, very very clearly, this is the line afterward.

1 Like

It’s what it needs to be. There was no “winning” this, only losing. The story will be what a total fiasco it was and how biased the moderators were, and that’s it. People who wanted to see her stand up to him and be tough got what they wanted.

1 Like

This is like watching a bullfight

2 Likes

1 Like

One of the best campaigns also. LOL at all the Dems saying we should stick with Biden like 7 weeks ago.

6 Likes

Harris is clearly the better performer here thus far, but still unlikely to move any needles.

2 Likes