Presidential Debate Thread: Take 2 (Tonight at 9 PM Eastern)

Seem like we have parallel redundant threads at this point.

1 Like

Yeah I think we can all move safely into the panic thread at this point :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Yeah I think Hillary would have been a great president, better than Obama, but she was a horrible candidate. I’m very similar. I suck at interviewing but always crush it once I’m actually doing the work.

2 Likes

I think she would have been a horrible president because, like Trump, she would have surrounded herself with inadequate people.

The truth is that president is not a one-person job and really what’s most important is to appoint capable people around you. Biden was mostly good at this part. Maybe not handing out a consolation prize to Garland, but otherwise I thought he did fine at that part of the job, appointing mostly competent people who weren’t corrupt enough to have scandals. He made an effort to appoint some progressives to the lower-tier jobs that put them in the running for higher-tier appointments from the next Democratic president (if we have one).

2 Likes

I’m not a Hillary fan, but I think this is unfair. How do you know she wouldn’t have been good at surrounding herself with the right people?

She had the foresight to marry a future president. She served as first lady for 8 years, a senator, and Secretary of State. I’m probably missing stuff. She was arguably the most qualified person to ever run for the presidency. Plus she’s an attorney

2 Likes

Mostly agree, but he apparently doesn’t have enough people in his orbit that can say to him “Dude, please stop”.

1 Like

Because the Clintons have a history of being bad at that.

1 Like

2 Likes

Why? She was a horrible Secretary of State.

2 Likes

Aside from killing people around the world though she would of been great

2 Likes

Nah she would have been good at that too

3 Likes

That’s not how sadism works and it’s ridiculous to suggest it.

Perhaps you’re thinking of masochism.

1 Like

There’s an old joke from the 90s

Bill an Hillary pull into a gas station. Hillary recognises the gas station attendant.

“Hey. I used to date that guy in high school”

Bill “how does that feel, if you’d married him you’d have been married to a gas station attendant”

Hillary stares him down “If I married him, he would be president and you’d be pumping gas”

5 Likes

Lol that’s pretty good

1 Like

I don’t think I’ve ever enjoyed that much anonymity here, and I’m sure you have a good idea of who I am - so posts like these make me think you’re just trying to focus the conversation onto me, which I do not want nor think is good for discussion here. I also still do not think my opinion matters enough for anyone to care about, if people don’t like it, ignore features are pretty easy to use. If I am being a nuisance, I am happy to moderate whatever personal attacks you think I am making based on some shared history, but, I think they are all pretty self evident and most informed people understand what is going on. Of course, moderators are free to moderate how they please here too, but I don’t know the precise rules of this site so if I stepped out of some boundary I apologize.

Best wishes

Really poor performance by Biden imo.

6 Likes

Is this a Dominic account?

4 Likes

imagine a debate performance so bad that it caused you to lose the primary vote that you already won in a landslide, unopposed. it was so bad it warped time and space and opened up a wormhole into a different dimension.

19 Likes

So much for the “debates don’t matter” line of thought. :joy:

7 Likes