Presidential Debate Thread: Take 2 (Tonight at 9 PM Eastern)

What’s not to understand? The Law of Both Sides means that if Trump makes up a racist yarn about Black immigrants eating cats, you have to criticize his opponent more to make up for that.

2 Likes

Yep moronic brain worms impartially is a disease that infects so much of the media.

Trump said all women are fun to rape so I need to point out that Harris once spelled They”re as there.

2 Likes

https://x.com/RebeccaAguilar/status/1833849383613239311

definitely looks like he says “you did a good job”

https://x.com/calltoactivism/status/1833852880354267336?s=46&t=hUTQWHj9NQWf8Y8RgMv1TA

TRUMP DIDN’T CALL NAZI’S VERY FINE PEOPLE!

He just called people who enthusiastically march with nazis very fine people, which is totally fine. Gotcha lib!

3 Likes

He tried to do the old hand yank move.

3 Likes

I wish someone would just give him a good pull forward so he’d fall flat on his stupid face. He’s gotta be highly susceptible to falling forward with his stupid lift shoes and centaur posture,

2 Likes

Online MAGA has a rolodex of supposed liberal hoaxes that they just repeat w/o even remembering the details anymore: Jesse Smollet, Donna Brazille, Trump Nazis very fine people, and of course Steele Dossier Russia Hoax, which the Russian bots make sure to always include. I’m fuzzy on the details of what the gotcha on Russia Hoax is supposed to be.

Because of these “hoaxes”, nothing the media says can be trusted, and anything you want to be true is true.

1 Like

like, stfu NYT. if trump gets use the wink wink nudge nudge “IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN” then Harris does too. She didn’t say anything he didn’t say. If he wants to be vague and leave people to interpret it, then she gets the exact same leeway

10 Likes

god look at him, standing there like a cuck waiting for her to turn around and shake his hand. weak, sad.

this was really on display last night, if you don’t have the secret maga glossary, 90% of the shit trump was saying made no sense at all. he just strung toghether the codewords to trigger his zombies. he’s just pushing the buttons, but only his most insane base knows what all the shorthand is.

4 Likes

17 Likes

8 Likes

6 Likes

Yeah it’s funny. Trump threatened the head of the taliban with a picture of his house. lol trump

The website is just cut and paste Biden website haven’t you heard? The media is in a tizzy about it.

Was he talking about the people marching in Charlottesville? They were all at least nazi adjacent. Sounds like a weak semantics like argument that they have decided they have debunked when they have done no such thing.

See that’s not debunked. Trump said what he said. Economic bloodbath is not some common phrase that people would imply that meaning from bloodbath.

Again not debunked not false. He clearly threatened death if he loses. Not Chinese people building cars in Mexico.

I honestly didn’t know there was an idea that the “very fine people on both sides” line was debunked. I thought the right embraced or at least accepted it.

Here’s pretty complete context:

Reporter: “Mr. President, are you putting what you’re calling the alt-left and white supremacists on the same moral plane?”

Trump: "I’m not putting anybody on a moral plane. What I’m saying is this: You had a group on one side and you had a group on the other, and they came at each other with clubs – and it was vicious and it was horrible. And it was a horrible thing to watch.

"But there is another side. There was a group on this side. You can call them the left – you just called them the left – that came violently attacking the other group. So you can say what you want, but that’s the way it is.

Reporter: (Inaudible) “… both sides, sir. You said there was hatred, there was violence on both sides. Are the --”

Trump: “Yes, I think there’s blame on both sides. If you look at both sides – I think there’s blame on both sides. And I have no doubt about it, and you don’t have any doubt about it either. And if you reported it accurately, you would say.”

Reporter: “The neo-Nazis started this. They showed up in Charlottesville to protest --”

Trump: “Excuse me, excuse me. They didn’t put themselves – and you had some very bad people in that group, but you also had people that were very fine people, on both sides. You had people in that group. Excuse me, excuse me. I saw the same pictures as you did. You had people in that group that were there to protest the taking down of, to them, a very, very important statue and the renaming of a park from Robert E. Lee to another name.”

Reporter: “George Washington and Robert E. Lee are not the same.”

Trump: “George Washington was a slave owner. Was George Washington a slave owner? So will George Washington now lose his status? Are we going to take down – excuse me, are we going to take down statues to George Washington? How about Thomas Jefferson? What do you think of Thomas Jefferson? You like him?”

The “debunked” version would I guess be that the Unite the Right rally also included a protest for a confederate statue removal or w/e, and that Trump was talking about the folks there to protest that but had nothing to do with the Unite the Right rally knowingly. But that’s a pretty goddamn small distinction and requires an extremely charitable reading of the transcript because that’s not actually what he said.

1 Like

Their supposed debunking is their strawman claim that every media outlet was screaming “Trump said Nazis are very fine people!” when in fact it was mostly just a twitter meme for a while.

Like all libs are walking around thinking Trump said Nazis are very fine people - because we’re all in the same disinformation rabbit hole - you on your side and me on mine. No side is more misinformed than the other. No side lies more. Jesse Smollet! Russia hoax!