Presidential Debate Thread: Take 2 (Tonight at 9 PM Eastern)

ABC “He looked not just angry but rattled. Harris looked like she belonged on the stage, looked like somebody who could serve as President.”

2 Likes

“Yes, she goaded him. She flat out trolled him … even invited voters to attend a Trump campaign.”

3 Likes

Time for Trump to step aside.

The invite to the rallies and description of them was a fucking stroke of genius. Big raise to whoever mapped that out.

6 Likes

Walz on ABC!

2 Likes

Hannity straight to the “sex change operations on illegal immigrants” not being brought up by the moderators. Think I’m tapping out lol.

That’s the thing: part of this is the performance of 90+ minutes, but part is just what clips will go viral. The unhinged dog-eating rant might be #1 most viral, right?

1 Like

Criticisms from my small town folks

• She lied
  • It was 3 vs 1

Only just had time at the office to look at how it was going and the concensus across the board is that Kamala did great. That is important to keep momentum into the election as the margins are most likely going to be tiny.

Tim walz review of debate on abc is fire

Nicole Wallace on MSNBC: “We have to have some humility, because there are still 57 days to go, but if these debates matter at all, this race should be over.”

I genuinely don’t understand the “you’ve been in office for 3.5 years. Why haven’t you fixed things?” attack from a former president.

2 Likes

Sad truth in this moment: they don’t matter that much unless you go full June 2024 Biden. But they matter some. Even if she gains 1.5% from this, that’s huge.

Vance challenge: don’t be weird for one minute straight

1 Like

If ABC was really biased toward the Dems, they would ask JD Vance what makes him smile.

Eh, the polling is clear. He’s better on the economy and people are not happy with it now. I think it’s easy to understand how “well why haven’t you fixed it right now?” is one of his strongest points, even if there are some logical faults in it.

1 Like

Harris was professional in her demeanor, tone and content. Trump meanwhile talked about eating cats and dogs.

6 Likes

Vance: I never spoke to Trump about abortion ban before I said what he would do about it

I don’t even think Harris was particularly sharp. But her strategy of trolling him relentlessly was fucking perfect and will be the only story people remember. Trump looked like an angry rambling idiot. A+ strategy yet again from Harris.

9 Likes

I think it mattered because she made him look not only unhinged and angry, but weak. Everyone is talking about her setting up Trump and him taking the bait, which just makes the attack that he’s easily manipulated ring true.

Maybe I’m sweet summer child here but being weak is one thing that can cost some of his base IMO.

2 Likes