POTUS BOWL 2020: A MEME IS A WISH YOUR <3 MAKES

I did meet a couple ticket splitters today. Both Biden & downballot R’s which is better than the other way around. I tried to get them to reconsider downballot and the look the one woman gave me almost made me start laughing, and made it clear it was a no go.

https://twitter.com/amy_siskind/status/1320549520913158144?s=21

Is there any extra setup i need to do in advance or can i jump in and make calls or text on Monday (day b4 election?) i took the day off work and told myself id help out. i think i will probably pick a senate or house race.

(I don’t know any other wrestlers to fill out Bautista’s VP slot)

2 Likes

I think it depends who you do it for. I know for Biden there is training. I think some may let you jump in. @skydiver8 would know more about what individual campaigns are doing.

If you have a few races in mind I can try to help you figure it out. Thanks for pitching in! You’ll be glad you did afterwards, no matter what.

1 Like

I’d say the Meme King himself but I’m sure he’s deplorable af.

17 Likes

You are correct sir, and learning that gave me a sad:

This is not necessarily good news.

There is a massive reservoir of non-college whites who didn’t vote in 2016 - more than two million in Pennsylvania alone.

I think Democrats are very much mistaken to assume increased turnout is good for Democrats. Some of the places with the highest early turnout are GOP strongholds.

2 Likes

538 model back to 87/12. Been a drought of high quality poles this weekend, hopefully we get a bunch tomorrow, but I think they’ll all be crap because of LV/EV mismatches.

I just pulled up one of the recent PA surveys (Gravis). It had non-2016 voters favoring Biden 72/15.

4 Likes

Harris is campaigning in Texas this week. Apparently based off some polls good for Biden.

3 Likes

I mean obviously I’m going to keep looking and meming, but the noise ratio is going to be high this week. Don’t be surprised if both sides leak polls that look bad for them to scare their base.

If ever there is a time to tune out the noise, make a difference however we all can, prepare for the worst and hope for the best, this is it.

1 Like

lol, I am well aware, thought it was hilarious

1 Like

I’m looking for candidates who are slightly behind or even in the polling (but who have at least some chance to win) and are progressive. Currently leaning towards Julie Oliver, who admittedly I only learned about recently because of a twitter video shared on here. If others have suggestions that would be great!

2 Likes

She seems awesome but she’s a pretty big underdog according to models. The Senate races are huge but not as progressive obviously, like I think they’re all for the public option.

The other progressives in the House that come to mind are not in swing districts, and most of the 2018 blue wave in swing districts were not progressives.

The added benefit with volunteering for Oliver is that you should also help Biden and Hegar in TX a bit, so there’s good synergy.

1 Like

Where??? Haven’t seen any

1 Like

Yea I see she is pretty far behind on 538 but these house races don’t really have a lot of polling so I believe they may be more prone to ‘upsets’. Good point about helping Biden and Hegar in TX though

2 Likes

did you think nonfiction thought it was a very disgruntled life-long dem volunteer?

5 Likes

Agreed and I think the turnout in TX adds a lot of variance. If you want to volunteer for a progressive I can’t think of a better one at the moment, and frankly if I had anyone as good as her running to flip a seat anywhere near here I’d be so excited to volunteer.

Give me 100 Julie Oliver’s in Congress please and thanks!

1 Like