Post your political compass results

What’s weird is that in a forum of gamblers nobody ever points out the weirdest statement:

Yeah that’s another awful question that has nothing to do with politics.

Counterpoint: It’s a good excuse to post memes.

vvv What the quadrants think the ideal height for women is

vvv The political compass according to my grandfather

8 Likes

vvv How each quadrant responds to getting mocked in memes

6 Likes

5 Likes

Could’ve sworn I posted a thread on this in Exiled

EDIT: Nope. It’s here. Different test though

1 Like

Literally the same economic score and I’m just -0.10 off of your social score

1 Like

The test was meant to have the average person in the center. (Briefly checking I can’t find the mean red dot - you’d think they’d have that somewhere)

yikes

1 Like

Nestor Mahkno bottom left?
Proudhon bottom center I think.
Pinochet top right
David Hume middle right?

The rest are obvious - assuming center is just some regular dumb guy

3 Likes

Those have been drawn in the same way Garrison depicts Trump.

The guy with the stache in the lower left isn’t Freddie Mercury?!

I assume bottom right is Friedman?

1 Like

Yeah, that’s what I thought. It could be Murray Rothbard though.

eta: They look enough alike that I don’t think you can be sure from the drawing, but it kinda looks a little more like Rothbard.

I think it is for sure.

Unsurprising.

2 Likes

OK, let’s reverse engineer this stupid,stupid,stupid interactive Nolan Chart Libertarian propaganda.

First, let’s make some simplifying assumptions, and see if they hold in practice. What do we know about libertarian-types for sure? Well… they are stupid and lazy. The stupid and lazy way to score this quiz would be each Q/A pair would have a +/- value in one dimension, and be a zero in the other dimension. And these coefficients would average to zero.

Let’s see what we find out…

Answers “Econ” “Social”
A all 0.38 2.41
D all -0.25 -2.41

This comes very close to the A(gree) and D(isagree) coefficients summing to zero. Close enough to imagine they slightly messed up their own math… which is consistent with them being stupid.

Let’s see what happens when we vary one answer. FYI: Q1 is “If economic globalisation is inevitable, it should primarily serve humanity rather than the interests of trans-national corporations”…

Answers “Econ” “Social”
SD #1, A rest 1.25 2.41
D #1, A rest 1.00 2.41
A all 0.38 2.41
SA #1, A rest 0.13 2.41

Which is a little bit surprising as all the “Econ” values are positive. This implies that after they sum the respective coefficients there are two constants summed in to arrive at the final display numbers.

It doesn’t appear that the lazy libertarian-type propaganda spewers behind this website restrict the repeated usage of their quiz, so we should be able to reverse engineer this stupidity fairly quickly… if anyone cared enough to do so.

2 Likes

I’m leaning more towards

than

As I mentioned above, us UnStuckers should be able to come up with our own visualizations. And… we most certainly can come up with ones that (a) aren’t overt RWNJ propaganda, and (b) are relevant to us in particular. As a serious suggestion, and with the constraint of cramming things into an X/Y space, I propose the following as the two axis…

1. pro-capitalists -vs- anti-capitalist
  2. Parliamentarian -vs- Direct Actioneer

I suggest we collect more Qs along these lines, like the excellent Qs @ ggoreo has nominated above.

ETA: TIL what Likert means.

2 Likes