Poker News and Live Streams - HU4LOLLZ

Now several including garret just lavishing praise on Malcolm gladwell books

Now nick 3 things he liked about trump, that he kept his campaign promises unlike All other presidents, That he went against the grain, and third that everything he did was actually America first in foreign policy etc and that was refreshing

i think you should mute the stream

2 Likes

the 4 OGs from the beginning are 4/5 remaining

Also the stream just ended so YouTube suggested another stream and it’s Live at the Bike from a few weeks ago and it’s amazing the difference between the two production-wise. Holy shit.

It was posted in the hands thread, but Ryan Leng folding A5 on AJ79K to half a bet shove getting 1:11 three handed in the 50k players championship vs junglemam might be the worst fold of all time given the context.

Jungle went on to win the tournament.

1 Like

That guy who folded quads face up in the OG one drop might have an unbeatable fold. Not even 4 to the straight flush on the board, only 3.

Truly an awful fold. I watched the whole stream pretty much and I didn’t think Leng was very good.

Jungleman is an enigma. While he is so out there in terms of his personality and antics, he is also insanely good at poker. It’s like somehow he instinctively knows and is in tune with what is happening in every hand and situation and finds a good play.

I dont think they are similar. There were “bigger” and “stupider” folds, but none in such a trivial spot with such huge implications

A million dollar buy in with the biggest prize in tourny history in which a player folded quads.

A guy trying to impress Jungleman in a game which sees way more hero folds at those types of odds.

Smirnov was a way bigger dog in that field also. Tom Dwan was so sickened that he had to leave the room.

But had he called and was good (which we’re not sure if he was) he was still a huge dog to do something in the tournament. That what i meant by implications. Also there’s a very decent chance he was right there given the opponent and situation. So it might be a candidate for best fold ever.

Morgan didn’t cash either iirc, so the implications weren’t as big as Jungle actually winning the tournament.

The pot is substantially smaller since Smirnov doesnt call which makes what Morgan does even more irrelevant than it already is.

Jungleman is also the obvious favorite in a 3 player field.

SF over quads is also the rarest beat there is. Astronomically more likely than the number of Jungle’s bluffs.

Not the whole hand but the aftermath.

https://twitter.com/dannyslewis/status/1456962657211273224?s=20

https://twitter.com/junglemandan/status/1456954420973891592

“When you’ve got destiny on your side, you kind of expect it. He shouldn’t have laughed at me, he knew he was messing with a wild animal, and now he’s lost to a monkey!” - Dan Cates

I have to admit, I didn’t see the stack sizes or that Volpe was the 3rd player.

Still think there’s a good chance Leng is a dog to Volpe heads up even with close to a 2-1 chip lead.

This aged well:

https://twitter.com/RyanLeng9/status/1456726410563780608

He also threw a needle at jungle just before the famous hand. Jungle lost another hand and was getting short and frustrated. Leng asks Volpe if he’s any good at headsup. It sent Jungle into a rant about Leng running like the sun.

2 Likes

This makes sense. I was thinking that the over the top celebration wasn’t really his style.

Leng was wearing a giant sunflower on his shirt for some reason and Jungle referred to him as the sunflower king.

So after the comment, Leng said ‘well i am the sunflower king’ and Jungle very seriously thought it over and said “that is a valid point” with the utmost seriousness.

1 Like