Poker News and Live Streams - Ivey wins 11th Bracelet

rigged.

lol donkaments

4 Likes

Jesus christ

It’s not completely crazy. With the short stack being five big blinds, it’s hard to call without a premium hand.

The real crazy part is that the same player busted the next guy in almost identical fashion. Also all in preflop.

2 Likes

2 Likes

It’s funny cause it’s true. One of the first times I played in an underground club here, having surely at the time played more hands than anyone else at the table combined (but only on the silly computer), i called an all-in with like 78hh on J65hhx. turn and river both bricked. Guy confidently asks me ‘do you want to chop’? I agree without thinking laughing at how amazing live poker is. He of course shows 34.

6 Likes

Speaking of hilarious ways to lose in online MTTs:

He’s so whiny it makes these “bad beats” hilarious to watch. He’s running in the 99th %ile of what he could have ever hoped to earn from poker and still has such an entitled attitude.

lol. That’s the most mild response of all time. If you think that is entitled you are not being objective. You just hate him for some other reason.

Yah, this one was pretty mild, it’s more the entire body of work and blowing up after almost every beat. And of course there’s the epic Doug Polk rant.

1 Like

He is cry baby about normal variance for sure.

2 Likes

Do you have to respond to “Do you want to chop”? Can you just sit there mute with your hands over your face, Hellmuth-style.

i suppose you could. dealer will just say show your hands if you say nothing post-river or move along the action if it’s before.

Another Israeli poker thing is pronounced Chup or Chap (just to differ it from chop in this discussion, which isn’t used as a word even though other english poker terms are used).
At some point of the hand, depends on the house rules, a player can propose a Chup. If all players agrees, the hand is dead and a new hand is dealt. The money stays in the pot and any player that wasn’t in the pot needs to pay the amount the other players did to get a hand. You don’t have to, but usually it is frowned upon unless the sum is silly high, which can happen when a few stuck players try to make the game bigger.

After a Chup was agreed, the next hand is dealt and the preflop action starts with the sb who can check or bet. Basically like an ante game.

Any player can refuse the Chup offer. It usually happens in full game that could be 11 handed in limped pot that just goes check around flop and clearly no action is about to occur.

1 Like