Poker News and Live Streams - HU4LOLLZ

My former horse turned sick reg is hu for a bracelet

lol its the last tournament of the series (aka last wsop tournament at rio ever). They are basically the only people in the entire convention center

1 Like

Nice a guy I play with got 13th.

Also addamo won the 100k high roller. Up there with fedors, colman and zeejustin all time greatest mtt runs

Wait where is wsop moving next year?

Bally’s and Paris

Fucking ew, really?

Like I get wanting to be on strip but those properties are trassssssssssh

Have you been to the rio?

1 Like

Touche, I still like it better than fucking Ballys though, unless there has been a major update in the past 4 years

Parking is the real issue.

Even if the Rio was awesome, it was unlikely to remain home of the WSOP because Caesars sold it and its operating lease runs out at the end of 2023.

1 Like

Yeah, it’s definitely way better if you aren’t driving because so many hotels are easily walking distance.

Parking seems like it’ll be a bitch though and probably cost money.

The convention space seems an upgrade from the Rio. Hotels don’t matter because you can stay a ton of better places with walking distance.

I wonder how many people will stay at the Westgate and Sahara because of the monorail. If this could be you, download the MyVegas slots app now to start earning free points for discounts on monorail tickets.

I made sure to get up to Pearl with MLife and Platinum for Caesars so I can park almost anywhere on the Strip for free.

I prefer the hotel rooms at the Rio, but I prefer cheap, spacious, and dated rooms to more expensive rooms that are more modern but smaller.

I would guess maybe 2% of people who go to the wsop park yet because the media does you would think 98% of people give a shit about the parking.

My only real reference is Daniel’s vlog, but parking would seem important to many of the high-end grinders who park some sort of RV in the lots within walking distance of the play areas. There was a row of them sitting there throughout the series. Can’t imagine these guys being too happy if they’re not going to be accommodated in a similar way.

The 2019 main event had 8569 entries. 1057 were from California. 698 were from Nevada. A significant percentage of those drove. Some people drive in from the other states. Some people rent cars in Vegas. Maybe 10% is a better estimate?

The new location is so much better on every metric. Better conference space, better food options, less walk between venues, access to the strip, access to strip walk-ins and advertising, and way better rooms.

The rio is a complete shithole. Easily bottom 3 hotels in Vegas.

The move is massively plus ev.

There is still parking behind. I bet they will just be parking their RVs back there. They even have dedicated RV parking off Koval if I remember correctly.

If you have a car, Rio has better food options within driving distance during a dinner break than Bally’s has within walking distance from a value perspective.