Poker News and Live Streams - HU4LOLLZ

https://twitter.com/MasonMalmuth/status/1721711501726351484?t=W7RBgaLoN4usec3fg9JEpQ&s=19

Because

https://twitter.com/michaelianblack/status/1721582078360232091?t=thyVsNR-aAI_6K4KmU763A&s=19

Hahhahahhahah. This is guaranteed to teach you how to lose at small stakes. I can’t imagine reading this book unless I lost a bet.

https://twitter.com/HCLPokerShow/status/1721610023921688580

1 Like

Holy shit that lineup. Might be the juiciest high stakes game of all time.

That title is something…major Zoolander vibes

so surprising to see Kabrhel 2/5 in a 25k at WSOPE.

Serious question. What is the best book you would recommend for someone just learning the game? My first thought was Ed Miller’s Small Stakes Hold’em. But it has been a long time since I’ve looked at that and I assume there have been good books written since.

No joke, Phil Gordon’s little green book is the best for dead beginners. Super easy read, and it gives a really good foundation to build on.

3 Likes

Thanks. Never read that one myself.

Was going to say the exact same one.

I might tell someone to do this over a book though.

Poor Alexandra Botez lost an almost 400bb pot against Yoh Viral who is also the host of this cg round with AK<A3 pfai at the Kings(3 on the river). From reading twitch chat it seemed she must have ran equally aweful the day before.

Poker After Dark and GGPoker did some weird reality Poker tv show. Haven’t watched yet. Negreanu, Fedor, Jason Koon, Josh Arieh, Jungleman and others

Got through about half. It’s some bizarro cross between PAD and Top Chef. The first 14+ minutes were dedicated to introducing the players and dividing them into teams, and the next 10+ minutes explaining the rules and the teams strategizing for the first round of games, which didn’t start until 24 minutes in.

Ali is hosting like that lady who never laughed from Weakest Link, and at this point they’re setting up David Williams to be the heel.

May finish the episode, but don’t think this is a keeper.

First episode of Poker after Dark Game of Gold was pretty fun. I love the format. Poker mixed with realty TV. Show could deliver some fun. Seems like they found a good balance of basic poker to attract newish players and some theory sprinkled in for the hardcore.

Not having commentary is so smart too.

All eps will be free on YouTube.

Australia had a cool “Australia’s next poker star” show circa 2009 or so which was pretty cool like a American Idol kind of show.

Chick that one it moved to Perth and hates my guts so thats nice.

1 Like

There’s been some scary cheating allegations in the European circut. Some mid-high stakes Russian reg was apparently banned from EPT and Merit (a very prolific poker destination in Northern Cyprus that hosted the EPT last month). Not exactly sure about all the details, but it has something to do with being able to read the cards with a phone app/camera when seated at seats 1 or 9.

For those in the LA area, does the Bike’s website just suck, or do they not have any tournaments running? Has that been a thing for a while?

Is Andy sleeping with Ryan Feldman or what