Poker News and Live Streams - HU4LOLLZ

Examples? On the face it just sounds like some dudes jealous of a successful dude that pays attention to his appearance and physical fitness.

He’s good looking, thoughtful, usually respectful (current situation is a bummer), and typically has a positive attitude and engaging personality. He therefore can’t be a “real” man herp derp.

Okay because he clearly did not know if hes ahead or behind in hands and i heard numerous people tell me he was in on it. In that case the theory must be that they could only afford one vibrating box?

I really cant imagine how you still think she most likely cheated

1 Like

lol Gman

Most obvious place is reading the relevant threads on 2+2. I don’t know if this is a running gag that people think is funny or if people are serious about it.

Most of the people who I think are rational and believe she cheated seem to be going with a soul-read that her table talk and behavior during and after the hand is not how a non-cheater would act. I don’t agree, but I don’t think this is a crazy stance to have.

Not only that but If a third party audit occurs concluding no cheating he will reduce his estimate that there was cheating to 60%!

On a separate note that Gman post is beyond LOL. Wtf. I would have lost a lot of money on how he handles it at this point. I thought he was a huge favourite to pay her back.

This perspective feels gross. She’s accused of something and instead of requiring concrete evidence by Garrett (or Hustler) to verify that accusation, the burden instead is on her show that she did not do what she was accused of so she’s then “cleared”?

This is flucked in this context or any other.

12 Likes

I think the worst take is that this is somehow good for poker.

Imagine you’re a rich whale interested in poker and thinking it might be fun to play a livestream. Right now there are two options - 1) cheating is rampant or 2) if you make a dumb play, that happens to be right, you’re going to be raked over the coals and have every minute detail of your life examined. I’m sure one of the biggest fears of new whales to playing is that they are going to embarrass themselves and do or say something stupid. This just makes that fear 10x worse.

1 Like

On that night or the other nights?

To be very clear, I’m not saying the following theories are definitely what happened, or likely to have happened. Simply plausible, and reasons that not knowing where he’s at in a hand is not proof of no cheating. Another way to read all of this is proof that it’s virtually impossible to prove cheating 100%.

It’s possible to cheat on one session, but not the prior. It’s possible to play straight up until the live stream is airing and you can verify that your system is working. It’s possible to play straight up after accusations are made. So it’s possible the window of cheating was one hand - the J4 hand was the second hand that would have been after the 2 hour tape delay window.

It’s also possible to be able to read some cards and not others, based on RFID mapping that didn’t cover the whole deck, or to be able to read certain players cards but not others, based on proximity.

I think the hacking theories remains plausible, and I think having an RFID reader on their person or in an object and mapping the deck one day then coming back to use it is plausible - depending on how often they change out decks (which I don’t think they’ve disclosed). That might only give them the ability to read 2-4 players cards, and maybe not every time.

There’s a device magicians use that’s about the size of a stick of gum (approx 2.1 inches by 0.7 inches by 0.5 inches) and can read RFID chips that pass over it. It can communicate via Bluetooth to several different possible notification devices including visual, bone conduction headphones, and vibration devices. I am not sure what the range is, I would assume Robbi would be too far from Gman to use something like that, but I don’t know. I don’t even know if it would work from Rip’s seat.

I also don’t think they’d ever get caught with that, and we know two things:

1. Rip’s bag wasn’t searched (per both Vertucci and Rip in interviews)
  2. The idea of searching Rip’s bag was brought up and discussed (per both Vertucci and Rip in interviews)

So clearly some people there considered Rip possibly involved in whatever they think happened.

No, as I have said today, the standard to give her back her money should be the various investigations failed to prove cheating, not that they proved the absence of cheating.

I think you said the HCL stakes are above what you’d normally play. If invited to play on HCL at stakes at which you’re comfortable, would you do it?

This is my issue with Garrett, unless he refuses to play on HCL again.

It’s encouraging for people who just want attention to see something like this spread to mainstream outlets.

What’s good for poker is whatever encourages more people to play at the bottom of the poker pyramid, not what brings in more whales to play nosebleed stakes at the top.

The best thing for poker would be if Robbi turns into a draw who people want to watch.

Like, regardless of what happened here, the fact that all it would have taken to cheat in a game like this is hiding a device the size of a stick of gum that costs < $250 and a notification device ($140 - $250) should be extremely concerning to the community. Both could be easily hidden in a hat, clothing, jewelry/watches/whatever, or inside common card protectors or containers that are generally allowed on the table during live streamed games.

This widespread idea that it’s virtually impossible that cheating is occurring is really bad.

The fact that (and this doesn’t apply to this hand or these two at all), I could hide that device at the bottom of a pack of gum, sit in the 3 seat, and offer a stick to the 1 seat, passing it over the 2 seat’s cards, then have a hidden bone conduction headphone say the two cards, should be deeply concerning about RFID security.

The fact that if the range is more, I might be able to hide that in my hat and just angle my head towards your cards and get that information, should be even more terrifying. I’m not an expert on this technology, but my understanding is they’re working on being able to read RFID in shopping carts as you pass under a reader on the way out the door, which would indicate that the range can be at least a 4-5 feet, right?

The community badly needs an RFID expert to break down what’s possible and what’s not in the context of all games involving RFID cards so that we can figure out ways to protect those games.

Sooooo this. Nailed it.

Up until this happened it was a goal of mine to play on the 10/20 game on Mondays, and to try to build my bankroll high enough to play in the intermediary games (50/100 or 50/100/200, not 200/400/800) within the next couple of years.

I’ve scratched both off my list at the moment. If they tighten up security significantly after this investigation, I’ll re-evaluate.

She just did an interview with poker news. Still saying she thought she had j3 but also full of bluster regarding her skill.

The one thing that is amazing here is everybody is taking the nut low path to a good resolution!

2 Likes

Hi everybody.

The mod team is trying to cool things off around here and this thread has been a particular hot point so I’m going to pass along the warning Tilted issued in the Log of Moderator Actions:

Thanks!

3 Likes

If they don’t make significant changes at HCL and he continues to play, will you question how sure he is that he was cheated?

Yes. But I’d be shocked if they don’t make significant changes.

I think it’s a terrible look that Doug is going on the show. I get the whole, “You’d have to be insane to try to cheat on a live stream this week,” logic, but just based on his take that it’s not safe and being a highly prominent pro, he shouldn’t go on there.

1 Like

This is totally worth watching.

4 Likes