Poker News and Live Streams - HU4LOLLZ

I’m sure Klein told him that, but he took that bit of information - that for one stream they didn’t draw seats and jumped to the conclusion that they didn’t draw seats for this stream. I guess that’s possible, but again like 5 minutes of research would have proven that false. He spent more time writing his detailed tweet thread than it would have taken to find out that they 100% did draw seats for the relevant stream. If you’re going to post as an expert on the cheating scandal and make brand new allegations, you should have some obligation to check if those allegations are supported.

What he posted wasn’t even actually what he had heard. If he had said, I heard in past streams they assigned seats - that would be ok - but instead he posted that he heard in the relevant stream they didn’t draw.

2 Likes

Fact-checking worked out great for Pinnochios and Verrit, we should hire more mods so we can subject all posts for review and possible deletion.

2 Likes

Need every post to have a verrit style verification code.

How many followers/ views does it take to start monetizing a tiktok account? [Asking for a friend]

Lol, no idea.

https://twitter.com/barthanson/status/1577506266062413825?s=61&t=aVu3V61ub9BSQNvQSqv7PA

https://twitter.com/barthanson/status/1577515065728794626?s=61&t=aVu3V61ub9BSQNvQSqv7PA

tiktok is notoriously hard to monetize - 5k on YT is roughly equivalent to 100k on tiktok

Not what I said. I said he has a good reputation and is in a position to hear things that are relevant, and the fact that he’s saying that at all is noteworthy. He’s now clarified it, and it seems noteworthy that someone with afaik a good reputation in the community who played in a prior stream with her is saying that in public about the prior stream.

But I haven’t gone back and looked at that seat draw yet, I’m sure someone will.

Also not what I said. Paraphrasing, “This should be set aside unless the investigation turns up anything related to their specific seats,” is a far cry from “maybe the draw was rigged.”

Anyway, you’re just making up lies about me at this point to make me look bad. I added an edit to the initial post about the seat draw that made the facts clear, I’m not trying to spread false information.

But you’re still out here comparing me to Giuliani and MAGA, after previously comparing me to QAnon and calling me a conspiracy nut. Stellar work, Clovis.

I think you need 10K followers from TikTok to get money out of the creator fund, which pays around 3 cents per 1,000 views. So it’s basically worthless.

You could theoretically monetize from sponsors, promotions, etc, at any time. Having never had any offers on that front, I have no idea when it might start. My guess is around 100,000 followers.

Garrett apparently donated the money to charity. Now it’s going to be a shit show if the investigation clears her. He issued a statement basically doubling down.

https://twitter.com/GmanPoker/status/1577677790379245569?s=20&t=BY2IVAywpAnA-3wh-qSQHA

i’d also happily donate someone else’s money and get tax benefits

11 Likes

of all the options, that has to be the worst one

1 Like

Apparently there’s a log of donations?

https://twitter.com/NotSpewheb/status/1577686484945100800?t=sg7R6uR_IvPuEgAvOtvQmA&s=19

And we continue down the “if you don’t like the results, claim riggage” timeline that we’ve been heading down for a while now in our post-truth society. Whichever side you are on, it shouldn’t feel comfortable. Reality is now officially whatever you can get enough people to claim it is on social media.

3 Likes

Yeah this is a bad look for Garrett, it reeks of “stop the count” vibes. Ultimately, if the investigation clears her, he needs to give her $135K back or it’s stolen. I still think cheating is far more likely than no cheating, but I also think the $135K should be in escrow.

1 Like

Seems like GMan is all-in on the belief that he was cheated. Is he leaving any room for him to come back to HCL if the investigation doesn’t back him up? How much of his play is on that stream?

Yeah, like escrow >>> holding it himself pending investigation >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> this.

If he really wanted to use the spotlight to raise money he could have donated $1,000 and said if the investigation clears her I’ll give it back and if it proves cheating I’ll donate $135K here.

How important is Gman to the stream? Do people tune in for him or is he easily replaceable if they decide say they want Andy to be their headliner.

I still think if she’s cleared and he returns the money and apologizes, he can probably come back. Problem is we’re likely headed for a 60/40 or 40/60 outcome, in which case he should give it back even if he still believes it. He appears to be setting up to say “I don’t have it anymore,” which is a terrible look for a dude up $1.6M in that game.

I would guess most if not all of his play is on HCL and LATB. Prob 75/25 HCL? If he’s playing 15-20 hours a week on stream and reviewing all of it after, that’s 30-40 hours a week plus studying. I’d be shocked if he’s doing much more than that, the random opportunity here or there not withstanding.