Poker News and Live Streams - HU4LOLLZ

Holy shit that’s amazing. I’m guessing they had to have some sort of assurance from the course that he wouldn’t have to wait? My frame of reference here is when I used to caddy. I don’t think I ever did more than 45 holes in a day. A busy day would be the first tee off around 7:30, another one around noon. Usually by 4pm no one was starting an 18 hole round because finishing before dark could get iffy. It sounds like it took him 14 hours which is running up against daylight on both ends of the spectrum. I was in decent shape and usually after 36 holes I just wanted to go home and shower.

2 Likes

Ya it’s pretty impressive and why you basically should never bet someone that they can’t do something.

• Sky Masterson : One of these days in your travels, a guy is going to show you a brand-new deck of cards on which the seal is not yet broken. Then this guy is going to offer to bet you that he can make the jack of spades jump out of this brand-new deck of cards and squirt cider in your ear. But, son, do not accept this bet, because as sure as you stand there, you’re going to wind up with an ear full of cider.
2 Likes

I think this is more true when life changing money is on the line. Although knowing guys like Ivey he would do this just for the entertainment value.

There was a poster on 2+2 a few years back that said he was going to do 450 hours of live poker in a month and took some prop bet action, but I don’t think it was for more than 4 figures. It was a pretty wild challenge, but he never appeared to take it seriously. He was consistently behind pace for about 2 weeks but kept insisting he was going to catch up and win but then finally threw in the towel barely halfway through. I’m sure that one can be dug up out of the archives somewhere.

That seems absurdly easy.

In 2010, I was sitting on like 740k VPP, needing 260k for SNE entering December. I don’t know the exact figures off the top of my head, but I averaged at least 14 hrs/day for the whole month, possibly 15, and that was playing a minimum of 40+ tables simultaneously of Double or Nothing SNGs. At times I was even playing 60+.

In retrospect, it was a really dumb thing to do, as about 16 days into the challenge I felt so out of it that I might possibly pass out at any moment. But I took a half day off and then with the finish line in sight, was able to plug away for the rest of the challenge. Also, I’m guessing I could’ve probably gotten 6 figures or close in prop bet action, but had nothing on the line instead of SNE.

Very early in 2011, they discontinued Double or Nothings, my bread and butter, and then Black Friday in April. So I didn’t even really capitalize on most of the SNE benefits, but that was probably a good thing health-wise as it meant my mass-multi tabling days were effectively over. And only a year or 2 after that, leatherass came out with an article about the harm so many hours of mass poker had done to his health and it scared me into deciding to never go above 8 tables at once again.

1 Like

Oh wow thats the first time ive heard dealers wont need to be vaxxed.

There are dealers who are going to die, arent there?

If they go unvaxxed and unmasked, probably.

If the people that don’t want the vax were willing to quality mask 100% of the time…

Paging @SweetSummerChild

At least they will die doing what they love

5 Likes

By removing unvaxxed players, I wonder what % unnecessary dealer abuse drops. 30% maybe? There are still tons of assholes.

2 Likes

Way over 30% drop.

2 Likes

Agree very high correlation.

As a poker dealer in a location that currently has a mask mandate, I can confirm that the venndiagram between antimaskers and people who treat dealers like shit is a near perfect circle.

8 Likes

It’s mainly the non-professional dealers who will have a problem, because ~all the unvaxxed dealers who have been dealing all pandemic have already had covid.

At my room, I’ve heard 0 people say that they haven’t been vaccinated or infected, but several say that they’ve gotten it twice.

Kinda crazy now that with both LATB and Hustlers that Garrett, Andy, Gal etc gets to play 50-100 like 5 times a week. There’s no way this lasts imo unless those are real games that are running that often even without streams

20 years ago, Pokerstars launched its play money beta software.

Actually, I was a day earlier because I lost track of time. Tomorrow is the 20th anniversary of Pokerstars launching its beta site.

It was a good joke. It’s a shame you botched it. Next September 10th, I will be reflecting on the one year anniversary of the day this joke crashed. Never forget.

I guess they really subscribe to the no such thing as bad publicity. Or the horse paste crowd is big enough to sustain a new business

My read was way off thinking they were being honest about that Venetian final table a few years ago.