Poker News and Live Streams - HU4LOLLZ

Depends. I can’t speak for ultra high stakes but usually you know or other ppl in the poker community know most of the players in the game, the hosts reputation etc, so if it’s a long running game, cheating is a very minor concern.

A whale losing big on credit and suddenly not being able to pay is much larger concern.

And I guess games do get robbed from time to time, so there’s always a small chance of that. My game in Perth got hit for over 100k by 3 guys with machetes (there was no security whatsoever). Fortunately this was a few weeks after I left

Durrr can’t win too much or his chinese dungeon masters will demand it.

This game was so good that Durrr made $26k and the only hand of note I can remember him playing is when he lost that big pot to Botez.

I think this stream was ultimately good for poker because it showed that amateurs have a chance against pros. The type of pro I would want against this lineup is someone who is popular but overrated and is more likely than equally well-known pros to book a loss.

Who’s better than Hellmuth for that purpose?

I’ve been lucky enough to only play games with strong dealers, the worst is when a player gets stuck and can’t pay so ends up dealing the game for a bit.

I rarely get invited to these games unless they’re PLO because the city is small enough they need enough players to fill a game. Some local whale lost $13k at a 1/2 game last week for example.

The local games here were largely centered around Peter Nygard, the now disgraced billionaire arrested for trafficking and a local businessman named Larry. I got you play v Nygard once and Larry still plays but it’s largely just the same people fleecing them who don’t want to share.

He had the K6 v K3, 2 pair over 2 pair hand vs Keating and doubled. Other than that, hardly did anything of note.

He adjusted correctly to the game, though, for those taking note. Mostly that is, he gambled a bit more than he had to/should have, but maybe just felt like he needed to VPIP a bit more for the stream.

The old Tom would’ve been mixing it up a lot more, overbet shoving if he sensed weakness,etc. Noone really wants to see a quiet, half asleep person playing ABC poker, even if it is a solid strategy for the lineup.

Overbet shoving would have been suicide. No one was folding in that game for the most part of they got a piece of the flop.

Dwan was fine. He gambled enough to not be Phil, but there was no way you can outplay that lineup - you really just needed to wait for hands and hope they hold (but not be too obvious a nit like Phil that people could actually find a fold).

2 Likes

Lol this is just a surgical dunk job, well done.

Beast value betting 3rd pair on a 4 straight board, getting called for $25k by Phil then getting berated was so ridiculous. I love that these guys just made fun of him, perfect response.

3 Likes

Shouldn’t your answer be Hellmuth here?

https://twitter.com/rob_yong_/status/1521468870573367298?s=20&t=XKeUn7d6zkSvWWyTSvR3eg

Depends what you mean by pro. If your Tilly/Perkins types don’t count, he’s up there.

The onebox didn’t include Yong’s poll.

Which pro would you rather face?
  • Daniel Negreanu
  • Phil Hellmuth
  • Phil Ivey
  • Tom Dwan

0 voters

Tilly and Perkins are far better cash game players than hellmuth.

Watch the 8 hours of the stream. He plays perfectly bad. Peak bad. He makes the wrong play in every hand on every street for 8 straight hours.

If you’re a poker pro with supposedly millions in cash game winnings I’d think there were be some sort of obligation to gamble it up with people going all in pre with any 2 cards on a live stream. It’d even be +EV to do so. I played on a live stream in Houston with like 20 ppl watching and didn’t want to look like a big nit lol. Durr and Helmuth are lame AF.

1 Like

Durr wasn’t that nitty, the problem with both pros was they’re fucking broke and couldn’t buy in for an appropriate amount.

Get Laak or Esfandiari in there, even Dnegs jeez

Antonio made a brief appearance on stream. He would have been the perfect pick.

Finally caught up. Keating is so pure for a stream. I assume it’s crypto money but god bless that man. He was a pleasure to watch.