Poker News and Live Streams - HU4LOLLZ

Crazy that Ninja was a 99-1 dog otherwise he leaves down 6 figures, but instead, gets the chop to save his last 50k then ends up one of the big winners.

Also led to one of the great poker TV moments with his reaction and Phil in near tears.

As I said I know nothing about chess so curious. When you say decent at chess I assume that would still make her like top (insert some decimal level) in the world.

She would beat anyone who hasn’t studied chess for their life but maybe lose to the very best small group on earth?

I only know her from last night and there’s just something extremely magnetic about her personality and appearance

1 Like

https://twitter.com/chesscom/status/1521125308572786689

8 Likes

What I find most amazing about Nakamura is his ability to play close to his max blitz strength while both commenting on the game to his audience and also reading aloud and responding to comments.

2 Likes

Whatever you say about her I would argue her presence, her attitude and her winning is the most important thing that happened on stream.

Phil on twitter today is just unreal. Completely focussed on the one angle and totally ignoring his being an insufferable piece of shit and a huge nit for 8 straight hours.

I agree with whoever said it earlier. It’s seems he is legitimately mentally ill.

Towards the end, Mr Beast, “Do you think there’s a market for a stream watching Phil fold all day?”

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/kevmath/status/1520987550189559809?s=21&t=WwmTme7A1hSZElBP0RMSMw

1 Like

Would be cool if this stream damaged Phil’s career, schmoozing with venture capitalists and new rich, and his ego. But it won’t

This is the crazy part. It will all be forgotten till the next time he is a massive scumbag. Lather, rinse, repeat.

The poker community needs to shun him so he sees their are consequences.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/ireraiz/status/1521233802072272896?s=21&t=WwmTme7A1hSZElBP0RMSMw

2 Likes

Phil Hellmuth getting wrecked by this lineup is better for the game than Phil Ivey running it over.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/padspoker/status/1521027846814240768?s=21&t=WwmTme7A1hSZElBP0RMSMw

3 Likes

The streamers were obviously mostly terrible but they kind of got that being passive is hopeless. Clearly smart people.

1 Like

Rich people who are already into poker love playing with him because they love making him mad.

His behavior was terrible but it was not scummy. He did not cheat anyone or steal money from anyone.

The poker community doesn’t shun known cheaters and thiefs. People involved in the superuser scandal still play at the WSOP. So does Chris Ferguson.

Even cis men playing women’s events don’t get shunned

Edit: by the larger community. Often they are correctly mocked by the women at the table

Don’t think it was an angleshot and he didn’t exclusively berate the female player all night. He also berated Keating, Slime, Beast, and Dwan to varying degrees.

I don’t get why people have to make shit up. Phil played horribly, acted horribly, and was a great ambassador for whatever people play when they’re driven away from poker by narcissistic assholes. Why not attack him for all that? It’s more then enough.

2 Likes

They’re also mocked by men at the table in future events, but like what is the community supposed to do? If I buy into a $500 or $1500 event and some guy who played in a womens’ event sits, am I supposed to abandon my stack, forfeit my buyin, and increase his EV?

Like there’s no method in place for shunning these people.

Legally, operators can’t have women-only events so they have to like offer buyin discounts. It follows that they can’t ban a guy for opting to play. It’s shitty but I don’t see a solution other than mocking the guys who do it - which by the way, gets into tricky territory as far as sexism goes. The barbs that will make them feel the most insulted are all sexist.

What’s the worst punishment given to any of the scumbags who have stolen millions over the years? Just 0 consequences for anything sadly.