Poker News and Live Streams - HU4LOLLZ

https://twitter.com/phil_hellmuth/status/1517257807912873985?s=20&t=aYzE_VXE9JIci6me4oEjXA

1 Like

It’s weird how so many poker players can so poorly understand finance. If AAD is actually bankrupt then all his creditors line up and people who hold “gift card” balances are way at the back of the line.

zero chance he’s bankrupt if he got a quarter million from the PPP

Possible. Just taking him at his word.

https://twitter.com/phil_hellmuth/status/1518047516578648064?s=20&t=vRFzt_Tn-y3_SotyjaBtwA

https://twitter.com/phil_hellmuth/status/1518047516578648064?s=20&t=vRFzt_Tn-y3_SotyjaBtwA

LOL. If this gets smart young people to do something other than poker for a living, it’s a massive benefit to society.

4 Likes

Think the better angle is:

1. Fuck you, ultimate bet
  2. UB/superusers/FTP was like 15 years ago and the game survived
  3. Young people aren’t looking to brynn kenney for inspiration.

My comment was more a general observation as opposed to something I would respond with. Yours are much better responses/twitter dunks.

How useful is it regarding the current controversy for an old man to make suggestions that only apply to live poker when talking about ways to prevent cheating?

https://twitter.com/MasonMalmuth/status/1518445997059321861?s=20&t=h2x_e_4hj4AkovmzEHHUIg

And what kind of nit tries to turn a discussion on cheating into a platform for whining about excessive tipping? (And how is it not Allen Kessler?)

https://twitter.com/MasonMalmuth/status/1517974253844398081?s=20&t=h2x_e_4hj4AkovmzEHHUIg

I know I’ve played with Chris Wallace at least once and he posts liberal political things on Twitter.

I talked to a number of different people who played in a $20/40 No-Limit game on a private app recently. From the different viewpoints and other information, including some screenshots, I was able to piece together the story of a really terrible game. This was the lineup in the game on a Saturday night a few months ago.

Seat 1 – A world-class No-Limit player who was sharing card info with another strong player (Seat 4), who was in the same hotel room.

Seat 2 – A world-class No-Limit player who was playing under the account of a whale (a wealthy recreational player) who everyone expected to play badly. This player was backing Seat 3, but I don’t know for sure they were working together.

Seat 3 – A strong player who is backed by Seat 2 playing under the account of another recreational player known to be very soft.

Seat 4 – A strong pro sharing cards with Seat 1.

Seat 5 – A pro using an RTA database in real-time.

Seat 6 – One of the best No-Limit players in the world.

Seat 7 – A pro using an RTA database in real-time.

Seat 8 – The game’s host, who was both using an RTA database and receiving the rake from the game and kickbacks from the winners.

The fun part? The cheaters had no idea about most of the other cheating players and no one could figure out why they weren’t crushing the game. They were all cheating each other in various ways, with only Seat 6 playing the game straight, and he plays so well that he didn’t lose much money even while he was being cheated.

Anyone playing high stakes online is insane. Bart Hansen had a good video today making a solid argument online is basically dead.

@anon38180840

Do you have any professional opinion on Sarah Herring’s interview of Bryn Kenney?

Do you have a link? Professional poker opinion or broadcasting opinion?

Journalism opinion mainly.

Right off the bat, the way she’s starting the interview makes me think she doesn’t have an actual journalism background. You’re never supposed to make yourself part of the story or predict negative outcomes or backlash or whatever, or tiptoe into the subject matter.

I mean, shit, I’m like 3 minutes into her talking and I don’t think she’s actually named the allegations. The first few questions have to be about that. Yeah, this is horrendous.

The intro should be very short and the first questions should be:

1. Did you have a staking relationship with Martin Zamani? (Expect him to say yes and try to minimize it)

2. He’s accused you of a number of things, including using RTA - real time assistance in online tournaments for yourself and your horses. Have you ever used RTA? (from here on out expect lies and be prepared to press him on all of them)

3. Have you ever directed your horses to use RTA?

4. Have you ever been aware of your horses using RTA?

5. Have you ever participated in ghosting - either live-coaching a player deep in a tournament or taking over their account?

6. Are you aware of any ghosting in your stable?

7. Have you ever multi-accounted?

8. Has anyone in your stable ever multi-accounted?

9. Have you ever participated in chip dumping?

10. Has anyone in your stable ever participated in chip dumping?

11. What’s this shaman business?

1 Like

Her linkedin says she went to NYU for cinema studies and the University of Colorado Denver for directing.

I don’t know if any poker “journalist” has actual J-school experience.

The only one I know of who does is Jeff Platt.

Alright I’ve had enough after getting like 44 mins in at 1.5x speed. No pushback on anything, no requests for proof on anything, just asking him pretty soft questions and letting him say whatever he wants and move on to the next. No cross-examination at all.

Did you get to the part where she scans social media looking for questions to ask?