Poker Hands and Strategy

1/2 PLO stars reg, play a decent amt of NL live/tournaments up to 1k online/5k off.

Makes sense. I don’t think we are widely differing.

I’ll say though Vegas games are the exception. Live there is way tougher than anywhere I play.

I played in an underground game ~ 2 years ago that was legendarily soft. 1/2/5 nl holdem that played like nl1000 around 30% of the time. As a solid level 2 thinking player I made ~$36 hour starting on a 3K bankroll.

Actually uninvited myself from the game by digging my heels into a Kaepernick argument which ended with villain exclaiming “he’s a n-word.” Sigh.

Underground in Vegas? I didn’t know such a thing exists. With all the action why would an underground game go?

lol no. Arkansas.

It boggles my mind that the games are so tough on the big sites these days. I play on carbon and I had someone 3bet shove 100bb my 2.66bb open with K4s last night. From what I’ve heard, that’s pretty much unheard of on Stars and party

Oh my bad.

I’ve never player an underground game. My city has 8 poker rooms in a city of just over a million.

Theres underground games in every city. Even Vegas.

Stars is wall to wall pros and grinders.

I assumed as much. The strat forums on 22 are guys using RNGs and PIO to barely beat $10NL. Like what’s the point?

Pretty sure not here but you never know for sure. I’m pretty well imbedded in the poker community and never heard of one. We have private games once in a while but no regular game I know of.

Its worse on lower trafficked sites. Trying to not be that guy but think about it. You are basically competing with robots. Why would this not be the case?

I have no idea about Canada.

I play live in vegas and find it incredibly easy but the games have gotten noticeably tougher in the last 10 years. I mostly try to play on the south side of the strip.

It is really, really overblown how “tough” stars is. Is everywhere else softer/can you get better rb? Probably, but stars is super soft until like 2/5.

I paid my way through my PhD in early 2000s playing early online and it was unreal. I was terrible and made $100k a year part time between research and writing.

I track my live winnings too and average $30-$50k/ year playing last few years.

I wouldnt bet on myself to beat $25 nl on stars.

Im assuming youre talking about ROW only?

That is interesting. It sure doesn’t feel like it to me and my friends who were grinding low stakes have all given up on stars.

I would not bet on myself to win at 25NL on any decent site because I am a live player and it’s my worst game.