Poker Hands and Strategy

If you fuckheads bring the drama from the COVID thread here I call for bans.

7 Likes

Tell us more about GTO play lol. Clown.

Give him some slack. You know that almost final tabling a tournament at Run It Up Reno makes someone a legit mixed game expert.

1 Like

Take your drama elsewhere. Thanks. I have zero interest.

Now that I know your posting here is totally legit you are invited to my game anytime friend.

Up to six posts. Still none about poker though.

What about the posts where I try to explain why you’re wrong about what GTO play is but fail because you’re a know-it-all pompous asshole? All I did was ask you to speak for yourself ITT, so fuck you about me causing the drama.

I think you are looking for here.

https://unstuckpolitics.com/c/bbv/19

It never ends, I thought after a whole year of this they’d show some shame.

2 Likes

Oh great.

@clovis8 i think you can lay off on the nbz criticism (as should i). I don’t think he has any interest in my comments and i do not care to subscribe to his pateron. You can stop commenting on his playing style too (you don’t have to, but it seems like a stupid cycle that keeps recurring)

1 Like

I get not putting a bunch of bets in on third in razz when equities can change so much on 4th.I don’t think you can compare that to playing passive in plo. I’m curious are you 3 or 4 betting 3rd street with 345 same suit with no dead cards in stud/8 multi way? Are you flatting on the button if 4 people have limped and you have A23K suited in o/8?

Agreed. Now that I know he is serious I’ll just ignore them.

What the highest markup you would pay for someone in main event who is a winning hometown hero type?

I’m backing some people and trying to decide on the max markup I’ll pay.

How tf did you steal BJ’s avatar? I thought the whole point of cryptoNFTs is that he gets to own that monkey avatar?

I hacked his computer with my hacking skills

1 Like

In a tournament, I’m probably flatting, especially in the early levels. In a cash game, I’d probably raise. (Maybe more of a mixed strategy.) Stud/8 is a bit complicated because your play depends a lot on what cards are out there. I’m more likely to jam my good three-card low if I am against three players with obvious high hands. II might be less aggressive against bad players because they don’t know when to fold. If I build the pot, they may call more than I like and realize too much of their equity. If they don’t feel tied to the pot, they can give up even when their draws are liver than they think.

If I understand the concept of ICM correctly, making the pot bigger when I win may not have more value than saving that chip when I lose. In a cash game, ICM doesn’t matter. I’ve always thought that playing more limit tournaments can help with an understanding of ICM because you can see more clearly the value of each individual chip.

I might be giving up some EV by playing more passively pre in PLO, but I don’t think I am giving up much, if any, and the compensation is having a lot less variance. A similar situation is when you flop good but want to hold of on raising until a safe turn and that’s something you might want to do even if you are a slight favorite but not a huge favorite on the flop.

Aren’t you supposed to ignore the trolls and engage with the people who are serious and arguing in good faith? This is why Zuckerberg is rich.

Look, we’ve all watched the Kelsey Grammer heist thriller Money Plane, we all know that you need to be in a specific, lightly-guarded physical location to steal crypto-goodies, this doesn’t make sense at all. I think you murdered BJ and robbed his NFT loot.

The second paragraph reads like gibberish imo. I don’t know enough about PLO to comment but pushing your edges seems optimal still also. Have you ever done any ICM calculations when chopping?

1 Like

Like, in Sklansky tourney book he talks about future chips being worth less than current chips but ICM has you often opening very wide ranges if you are first to act and calling very tight. Because of the equity gain when they fold or you win the hand.