Podcast Thread

I haven’t listened to their subscriber episodes but honestly every single episode has been great and I think you’d be fine starting at #1 and going from there. It’ll get a little repetitive because it’s like “how are the conservatives going to bullshit it this time” and you’ll see some of the same themes, but I haven’t listened to a single one yet that I turned off early.

3 Likes

Listen from the start. They do most of the really big egregious cases in history early on, and those are more entertaining.

2 Likes

Agree listen from the start, every episode is great. If not, all the cases that seem interesting to you would be a good move, and yeah they do the big ones in the beginning.

Speaking of, did they not have an episode this week? Not seeing anything in my Patreon or on any sites.

1 Like

Here’s what I see on my feed, confirming no ep this week

1 Like

I’ve never been so enthralled to hear somebody talking about octopus

Just listened to the new chapo, fucking shout out to Chris Wade for the consistently excellent music picks:

1 Like

Octopuses (it’s incorrect to say “octopi,” to my despair)

Fuck me, Ringo was right all along.

That joke doesn’t even work because it’s possessive tense, whatever.

3 Likes

now for something completely different

lingthusiasm (from the author of Because Internet) is one of my favorite total nerd-out podcasts, just always something new and interesting in every episode, but this episode was just wall-to-wall with things that sort of blew my mind

• IPA Scrabble!
  • a lot on why scrabble kinda sucks (or actually, why written english sucks)
  • where “ye” came from (e.g. “ye olde tavern” etc)
  • more
1 Like

Highly recommend as usual.

2 Likes

I know a former Supreme Court clerk. He’s objectively brilliant and is now a law professor at HYS. Break protocol and you can kiss that sweet sweet $450k bonus >>> cushy professor job pipeline goodbye.

Yes

Law is the most absurdly elitist profession there is. For example, it’s obvious that schools like UT and Michigan have kids every bit as smart and hard working as the top students at the top ranked schools, but Kagan is not unique in only hiring from the very top ranked schools. And surprise surprise, those schools accept the “Merrick Garland’s daughters” of the world. Lots of Andover and Exeter in the ranks. You can see why these so-called liberals magically land on the side of wealth.

1 Like

Looks like 5-4 is off again this week, hope everything is ok. Said they will be back next week.

I believe this two week break was planned.

Maybe this guy took them out!

1 Like

In which the New Yorker appropriately prises Know Your Enemy and bags, fairly gently, on Chapo.

2 Likes

I mean they’re kinda right on Chapo. Politically speaking, they don’t have much more to say. I listen for comedy. Sometimes they deliver and sometimes they don’t.

Chapo was kinda edgy when it came out because it was in stark contrast to most left-wing discourse. But now their type of crass commentary is the norm. So they really don’t stand out anymore.

It’s why they’re shifting towards making other podcasts. They all see the writing on the wall for the future of their show.

Honestly, I like both KYE and Chapo for very different reasons. They appeal to audiences of different sensibilities rather than directly competing with each other.

Think I’m done with citations needed. Just not funny enough for how uninformed so much of their stuff is now.

Olympic one is laughably bad.

citations needed is great concept, abysmal execution

1 Like

CN is mostly good, some of the eps are overwrought.