Podcast Thread

@BestOf

1 Like

Ha, I remember when he was making dick jokes on the Cracked podcast.

The eight part Gangster Capitalism series on the NRA, it’s history and current woes, is quite good. Nice hate listen. Gangster Capitalism with Andrew Jenks | Cadence13

The NRA is in the process of mass layoffs and I would assume won’t be donating $60M to Trump this time around. As I note repeatedly about the GOP, be careful what you wish for, you may just get it.

The best podcast continues to be the Weeds. Chapo is mostly bad.

I used to listen to them all the time and I still think they’re really smart intellectual people, I’ve just found myself listening to them less and less because they’re the best of the whole genre of left leaning news outlets where they’re just so suffocatingly wonky. Like every person has to take a turn giving keen, deeply researched, insightful angles and I know I should want that, but after so much it just feels so bloodless and technocratic that I feel my interest waning in spite of myself.

Yglesias and Ezra Klein are obviously smart, but their political instincts are awful and there is absolutely no value in discussing the perfect versus the good in a world where Donald fucking Trump is in charge.

New Inebriated Past from Chapo, yes more of this, less tepid watchalongs of schlocky movies please and thank you.

Yeah, last Chapo was really good. I maintain Matt is the only actually insightful Chapo. His rant on the “protestors” was perfect.

Is there a way to get the paywalled episodes for free?

r/blackwolffeed

3 Likes

+1 to latest Chapo. More episodes like this. Fewer episodes with Hayley (latest ep with her is unlistenable).

Started another podcast: Criminal. Short stories about pretty much anything. Super good.

I found this list on reddit and found it to be good so far. I mean having Hardcore history as your #1 immediately gives you credibility.

https://www.reddit.com/r/podcasts/comments/75ilo5/ive_spent_three_years_listening_to_podcasts/

I feel like I should be listening to podcasts that are beneficial in teaching you useful stuff or super interesting stuff so I could catch up to some of you guys in knowledge but I can’t do it.

I’m full of so much useless information and stories.

1 Like

Hello and welcome to The StimCast, imo.

I know that podcasts have made me borderline obsessed with serial killers. The Infographics Show on YouTube also contributed to the obsession.

well buddy list the good podcasts on said serial killings. I find them pretty interesting too.

I like casefile although its about murders in general. Decent but not great.

The main ones I listen to are Sword and Scale and Necronomipod. They cover more than just murders but it’s a huge part of their backlog.

Casefile is pretty solid. I just started listening to Obscura so the jury is still out on that for me. They Walk Among Us focuses on stories in the UK murders and is pretty good.

I’m sure there are others but those are what I know.

Should note that S&S had a noticeable drop in quality starting around 2018, mostly due to the host becoming a douchebag. This occurred when he started paywalling portions of episodes using Patreon. So fuck the latest stuff and listen to the older episodes. The podcast has been around since 2013. So there’s plenty to listen to.

I can occasionally stomach Last Podcast on the Left’s stuff about serial killers. It’s been a while since I was able to muster up the ability to listen to My Favourite Murder, in no small part because you have to click through to each episode to get a description and the description itself mostly gives you no clue what the episode’s about. It was the same with Lore (not about murders). It lost me because it expected me to listen to every ep religiously instead of selling me on the ones I might like.

I’ve heard of S&S but I read in a podcast thread that the S&S guy was being super disgustingly misogynistic on twitter and is a world class POS. Like joking about women getting murdered etc. It seemed pretty much accepted by everyone in the thread that it was true. Thats what has kept me away.

Yeah. Once he lost the people who worked for him and did the heavy lifting, he did it all himself and the quality sunk. It’s clear that the guy has some problems to say the least. I recommend the old episodes (pre-Trump to be on the safe side) for quality content though.

Apparently, somebody who used to work for him created their own true crime podcast called Invisible Choir which is supposedly really good. Haven’t listened yet but will starting now.

1 Like

Yeah Sword and Scale was really good but then that guy went full psycho