Podcast Thread

Agreed which is why it’s not very interesting to me.

Heh, they mention the COVID/HIV preprint that I remember some of the chaps here debunked in realtime.

For 5-4 fans:

https://twitter.com/AywaRhiannon/status/1622785381778223104?s=20&t=2HC_NQa4QQgS523tFPOPJw

https://twitter.com/The_Law_Boy/status/1622819207019732993?s=20&t=2HC_NQa4QQgS523tFPOPJw

lol

4 Likes

I’ve liked this series. Millionaire farmer loses it all playing the commodities futures market, then sells a herd of fake cows to Tyson Foods for nearly a quarter billion.

Here’s an interesting discussion between two of the smartest economic historians alive.

You’re wrong about one of my favourite books.

The podcast sampled on 5-4 is very good:

It’s about a segregated reform school in Alabama during the 1960s. Everything bad you can imagine and then some. Really worth a listen—I had to drive about 12 hours this week and binged the whole thing.

2 Likes

Looking for recommendations for podcasts to listen to while running. Ideally would be at least an hour per ep and somewhat funny. Currently listening to:
The Weekly Planet (mainly about comic book movies and similar content)
Chapo (not a subscriber so I only get one ep per week)
History of Literature (my least favorite but some eps are very good)

1 Like

Try The Dollop

1 Like

Good One: a podcast about jokes
Stuff You Should Know
Hidden Brain
Reply/All (shut down June 2022 but huge backlist)
All Bad Things
Sounds Fake But Okay…
The Worst Bestsellers

1 Like

I also like Just the Gist but mostly when Rosie is there lol

Totally awake. No pain relief. Just straight up raw-dogging surgery. In 1686, King Louis XIV’s anal fistula got so bad that he needed to go under the knife. But surgery for an anal fistula didn’t actually exist yet. Enter Charles-François Felix, a ‘Barber Surgeon’ willing to take on the task, as long as he could practice on as many people as he needed to get it right… All The Sun King had to do next was bite down and get through a three hour anal fistula surgery, the results of which changed the entire course of modern medicine.

Honestly, I’m looking for a replacement for Chapo. They’re in Cumtown territory where the podcast is too profitable to stop doing. So, they’re mailing it in until enough people unsubscribe that it’s no longer a financial loss to cancel it.

You’re not listening to The Flop House?

What’s that?

If it’s anything like FD Signifier I’m already on board :pray:

I can kind of see that, but I still find a lot of their stuff pretty hilarious. Like I love the riff on the Erin the E-surance girl lore. And I enjoyed the recent movie mindset episode. It’s pretty annoying when the teasers for Hell on Earth auto play, though.

It’s a movie podcast where I get literally all of my movie takes and recommendations from.

1 Like

I haven’t finished Reformed, but you may also want to listen to Kuper Island, podcast of a reform school for Natives in Canada. It’s an excruciating story.

1 Like

It’s Christmastown - they hate watch and review Hallmark movies.
No Such Thing as a Fish - British TV show writers discuss the best thing they found out each week.
This is Branchburg - shorter, and this humor isn’t for everyone, but if you like Adult Swim humor, I had fun with this.

1 Like

Subscribed.

I’m gonna do a podcast this year if you don’t subscribe I’ll do an episode about how sad it makes me.

1 Like