Please Apply the Rules Fairly

Was there an RFC vote?

2 Likes

Dunno, I am against RFCs though.

Then that was a really dumb ban imo

1 Like

Jmakin contributed a lot to this place. I think he should be given a chance to just be a regular poster.

7 Likes

The Dark Arts thread was one of the most useful threads here and we probably need it now more than ever.

Please apply the rules fairly!

1 Like

Hey, I voted against that but the rules are the rules!

Do you still have control of the admin of this site on your old account? That’d be my main concern with you returning and posting on any account. I mean you mention reverse engineering and say it isn’t a threat … Maybe not to you but it comes across as a bizarre thing to say at the very least. Also, I’d say it was immensely obvious it was you but that’s only because you’ve posted so much about yourself and your interests over the years and then displayed the same thoughts/interests as before! Was the same with Ikes/caffeineeded. Not a bad thing but it’s hard to hide from our history!

Divulging the captains pm thread did more to destroy this place than anything that has ever happened here. Not saying you should or shouldn’t be banned jmakin but the fact there is no mention of that or contrition for that is kind of wild to me.

That being said I am sorry you have had a rough period in your life and i wish you the best.

5 Likes

No, it isn’t, and sorry for provoking any fear.

I do not have access to a single thing here and havent for almost a year now. I have no way to access anything here, and in a way it’s been kind of a problem because a lot of this has been hidden/cleaned up/history rewritten and I can’t technically “prove” a lot of what I am saying because of it.

I even offered several times proof I didnt do the wild crap you guys imagined I did. The admin logs in discourse are not possible to edit. You can go look, even now, and see exactly everything that I did back then, it isnt disputable. No one ever tried to bring this forward other than oreo corroborating it.

So, in the case where people take this way too far which they have already been doing, I’d literally have to go back, re-deploy the backed up site where I would have admin, and go through posts that are now removed/deleted. TBH I dont know where one even is, I just know it’s laying around somewhere. I even remember advising the new admin team they should lock down the backups because it IS a security risk. Any admin or user of that cloud account (there are several) could literally re-deploy the site and read PMs at will. I’M not a problem. I literally work as a gray hat these days. I’m just trying to convey that if you want me gone the community’s just gonna have to decide it, as we have always done things, because otherwise I could just fuck off and make my own site fairly easily, which btw isn’t violating any law or anything at all.

So, I know this probably doesnt put anyone’s mind at ease, other than to say I have absolutely zero malicious intent outside of correcting some very painful and obvious falsehoods that have been chasing me around several sites now. I do not want to interact with any of these people, I literally just want to post in OT threads. again, if that isnt allowed, fair enough, but this seems extremely backhanded, silly, hypocritical, and a bit unfair.

so what if it was obvious if it was me? why am i the one that has to hide from harassment? who would even care except to be petty at this point?

trust me when i tell you, you are not technically competent enough to even plausibly spin up the wild imaginations you have of whatever you think i can do or am doing, they are utterly ridiculous.

This will be my last response to you going forward. I want nothing to do with you, I apologize for my past behavior, after that I’m not really sure what else to do really. Leave me alone.

and good lord now i probably have to explain why i think a backup probably exists - yea, i have like 15 laptops and several cloud accounts, and generally if you’re the sole admin of something like a fkn website you’re gonna keep at least a few backups around, if this was an actual job and not literally a volunteer thing it’d be kind of bad practice to keep it on a personal local disk or cloud drive, sure, but it’s very common to do and the fact it may be out there should not be surprising, scary, or new news to anyone.

reason this is good practice is someone can accidentally delete the cloud account backups or the account itself and you want a way to restore everything to some snapshot if you have to. I think I had even automated it, i honestly cant remember.

I pm’d to you a screenshot of a public github account I believed you owned.that i also did not share with anyone else, btw. that was the entire content of the message. which, was after months of repeated attacks like the one you literally just got modded for:

this has been goin on for a while, it is quite severe and persistent from you across multiple sites now. I’ve stated I want to be left alone, and that I am leaving you alone, that seems perfectly fair and I’m not sure what you want me to do. I shouldnt have sent that PM, which I already acknowledged you dont deserve. I havent done anything to you in starting to post here again, and you’ve been consistently the aggressor in these exchanges. Again, I dont really know what you’d like me to do here.

btw you’re lying again. I didnt get perm’d from 2p2 from the PM, which you WELL know. I got an embarrassingly short 24h ban which you went into full blown histrionics about. After the harassment continued, I decided it’d be best if I left that site so I requested a perma from a mod friend of mine. want me to prove it, or keep lying about it?

oh gee wow if there wasn’t a way to immediately prove you’re full of shit as always

I never had an issue with jmakin. If he is gone as a result of a self-ban, then he should be within his right to request to be unbanned and I feel that mods should welcome him back without a special vote.

Not exactly sure why you felt the need to threaten the forum though. I mean you’d probably be let in without it (and contrary to what you say, it is a threat).

what, IYO, am I threatening? to re-deploy the site from a backup im not even entirely sure exists? that isn’t a threat, there’s no conditions attached to it, I’m explicitly telling you I have no plan on doing that whatsoever, I dont even know what I’d be trying to accomplish with it? who does it even threaten and why? I’m letting you know that this entire discussion is a bit silly and you should just formalize the process finally. There are absolutely no components of a threat there, lol.

Here is the About Moderation post detailing the pema’d of jmakin’s second account back in January. If you want to debate that ban and say it should be reversed, fine, but given the rules are clear, I don’t see how I have a choice regarding his current status. I’ll abide by whatever the forum decides, but I’m going to follow the rules:

1 Like

like ok I feel bad because I think there’s an actual learning disability involved here and nothing malicious going on, maybe, but you literally just posted this:

which is completely and totally untrue. sorry you’re having difficulty keeping your story straight here.

The whole paragraph made no sense. It served no purpose other than to obscure what to me should be a formality rather than something to discuss.