Outing Posters' Previous User Names poll in Post 125

That’s like, just your opinion man.

We need a poll on if it’s a bad poll

6 Likes

Looked at results before I voted, went with the opposite just to be contrarian.

Vote no then. There can be other polls. This one will decide this thing as of right now.

This is the best poll since dear leaders tremendous electoral college victory of 2016. Now bring us the gimmick’s head on a pike!

3 Likes

Well played sir.

Your real name is Spaceman? Nice.

4 Likes

I just assumed you were from outer space.

2 Likes

What’s that line from Star Trek V? “You’re from outer space!” “No I’m from Iowa, I only work in outer space.” That’s a great bit of dialogue; very underappreciated. ST5 was an all-around underrated Star Trek movie. I might have to start a thread in The Lounge about it.

2 Likes

9 Likes

i’m going to kindly ask that people not dox me in this forum. yes, i have a twoplustwo screen name. no, you don’t have to post identifying details from my personal life

Who is Arbytoras? Legit haven’t seen that name anywhere.

IP address, email, and other PII should not be available in their raw form to mods. We should not be storing that data in raw form in logs or otherwise. If there is a policy of one username per person, then there should be a (salted) hash lookup of the IP to search for duplicates automatically.

In case of mod action for bad posting and suspicion of multi-accounting, then the mod should be able to enable IP logging for the accounts in question, with an audit trail generated for the mod action. At that point, the mod would also be able to look into the other PII to manually look for evidence of multi-accounting.

I do think there should be a one account per person rule. Gimmicks should be allowed, but associated with the main account. I think Yahoo and YouTube allow this, so that you can have multiple personas associated with the same account. Maybe if we supported those ID systems, we could get the multiple personas feature?

2 Likes

So the poll has been up 24 hours and it’s 90% for spilling the beans. Let’s get on with it @anon46587892

That would be great, but we’re using off-the-shelf software and nobody is going to put in the time to build those features.

Arbytoras should be banned just for wearing a Walrus Champion badge he didn’t earn.

3 Likes

Oh well now I’m REALLY mad!

5 Likes

And people say you aren’t an edgelord.

1 Like

It appears we need a scammer badge.

1 Like

Stolen valor ITT.

9 Likes