On Welfare, And The People Who Receive It

So, what percent of that total goes to the person you hate next door and all the other freeloaders? Your deductions support things like military and shit right? Or is it all to the poors?

I mean 25% of Germanyā€™s GDP is social welfare spendingā€¦ itā€™s for sure not 50% of zaraā€™s paycheckā€¦ but itā€™s also a substantial amount.

Remember that Germany taxes more money out of its citizens as a % of GDP than the US does and spends waaaaaaaaaaaaay less on the military as a % of GDP. That money is getting spent somewhere, and having an actual welfare state is definitely a real part of that.

I mean this is what most of us are advocating on some level in this forum. Expect the middle class worker doing 80 hour weeks to resent the shit out of their mooching neighbor. That ā€˜why am I working so hard to pay that piece of shits billsā€™ emotional reaction is why the universal part of universal basic income matters so much when weā€™re building the next gen welfare system. Everyone gets a check and feels like itā€™s a right of citizenship. Nobody ever gets given money because they donā€™t have a job ever again. They get money because they are citizens of this country and we are an enormously wealthy country.

Welfare fraud is like 1% here or so. Iā€™d be more than happy to give 25% to welfare instead. Most of them actually need it.

We are a few posts from lobster on EBT cards and Iphones and Cadillac posts imo.

1 Like

Oh the mooches definitely need the welfare. They donā€™t need fraud to get it. Look if youā€™ve never encountered these people before I envy you, but I was raised by them so maybe donā€™t dismiss my point out of hand.

There are plenty of mooches at other income levels too. Itā€™s a personality type and it fucking sucks. Call them locusts instead of moochers if you prefer.

LOOOOOL

Germanyā€™s budget is 166 billion Euro and it seems this hartz iv is 20 billion. About 1/3 or so of Germanyā€™s revenue is from income tax (including social security and other income related contributions), so Lapka spends about 2% of her income on her neighbor and those like her (eta: in that they receive welfare/dole/hartz iv).

1 Like

Thank you. But, not all of those are like her neighbor. Most legitimately need the help.

Bored brings the lobster and cadillac anectdote before Lapka. Good one.

1 Like

This is for sure true. And I actually have sympathy for zaraā€™s neighbor. Sheā€™s probably suffering from undiagnosed borderline personality disorder and sheā€™s stuck inside her own head. I wouldnā€™t wish it on an enemy. I donā€™t even think these people shouldnā€™t get welfareā€¦ but I also know that they are just about the least sympathetic people in the whole fucking world and every single person they come into contact with is going to have a lower opinion of every single thing they are associated with. Seriously people look into how these people havenā€™t starved to death to find out what they wish would go away/end.

This is really a pretty accurate thing to say about all the personality disorders tbh. Iā€™m basically convinced that these disorders are how shrinks talk about evil.

And my mother in law buys lobster and 25 dollar a pound steaks with food stamps all the time lol.

You called them mooches. Are they mentally ill or mooches? If they are committing fraud itā€™s like less than 5% of them as far as anything Iā€™ve ever read. Do you know what it takes to get welfare or food stamps and the requirements to get it? If you did, I donā€™t think you would dismiss it as moochers so easily.

I also meant something when I said she could go to Greece, do the same job for half the money and not pay taxes. Part of why her job pays what it does in Germany is the social conditions which include the social welfare state.

My parents mooch for a living. My dadā€™s dead but from his kids perspective our life was him finding victims to live off of so that he didnā€™t have to do what he didnā€™t want to do. My mom is also a career mooch lol. My parents both had personality disorders.

People with personality disorders (and I agree that many of these people have had truly awful childhoods) have a high propensity to be moochers (people who find charity and soak it up for a living), scammers (who steal through deception) and criminals (every type of criminal that isnā€™t a scammer, they should be separated because of the widely different skillset and tactics used).

Iā€™m not talking about poor desperate people here. Iā€™m talking about a whole bunch of people who live in mansions and drive obnoxiously high end cars as well as people who have figured out how to live a life they consider excellent entirely supported begrudgingly by someone else.

Yeah, I have heard that about America too. Turns out itā€™s pretty fucking hard.

Dudeā€™s bringing the cadillac takes hard.

Nope, I asked what percent of your taxes went to her. You said more than 50% and I called bullshit. Turns out from microbetā€™s post I am a lot closer to correct than you.

Iā€™ve worked in an office before. Most people mooch for a living.

6 Likes

And itā€™s gross. Seriously itā€™s not as gross as what corporations are doing to the working person everywhere, but itā€™s gross. Society is rich enough to carry you, but if you can do better you should. Not targeted at you @microbet.

Yeah? So what percent goes to your moocher neighbor who is making you rethink working at all?

And yet not only is there enough stuff for everyone, thereā€™s way too much.

2 Likes

What the hell is happening in this thread?

1 Like