On the Origins of Covid

Depends on the day. You can see examples of this earlier in this thread with posters insisting they do not support that this was a designed virus, then linking to sources stating exactly that.

19/1 horses are still worth considering.

It is far less than 5% to state that this was designed in a lab. There’s a reason why that position is quickly abandoned.

It didn’t have to be designed in a lab to escape from a lab.

the cycle continues

The cycle of people pretending that anybody who gives any credence at all to a possible lab escape scenario also must think it was designed in a lab, and most likely for nefarious purposes? Yeah I guess so.

There was a paper published in Cell just recently authored by 21 scientists in the field talking about this. They argue pretty effectively that SARS-CoV-2 was not the result of a gain-of-function experiment.

The remaining story that makes sense is that perhaps the virus was brought back to Wuhan by one of these field trips to the bat caves that the guys at the WIV were doing. The problem with this is that, similar to the conjunction fallacy, it’s a specific story involving relevant people and deliberate actions that makes sense to the human brain, but just numerically patient zero was probably one of the other 58 million people in Hubei province.

That’s the consensus opinion among experts so far.

1 Like

Nothing really new here, but this is a decent roll-up of what we know so far:

https://www.science.org/content/article/why-many-scientists-say-unlikely-sars-cov-2-originated-lab-leak

I don’t have the experience to decide but this seems pretty convincing. This is Canada ‘s best left wing news source.

Ban for naked racism?

do you have a non-podcast source? Not listening to an hour long podcast on this.

Edit:

Elaine Dewar is a Canadian investigative journalist and nonfiction science writer. … Dewar also theorizes that environmental groups are linked in a conspiratorial effort to destroy nationalism and create a new world order, which the author calls the “Global Governance Agenda.”

nvm I don’t care about anything this person writes or says.

3 Likes

At some point you’ll look into the kind of sources that support these kind of theories, but I appreciate you running at Lucy holding the ball for the kick anyways.

Ya this looks like bullshit.

1 Like

Easy!

1 Like

https://twitter.com/ayjchan/status/1442092863991558148?s=21

2 Likes

maybe you have the energy to see what a conspiracy theorist who thinks environmentalists are going to create the NWO and rule us all seriously, but I don’t.

The key part of furin site has been discussed extensively here, it doesn’t hold up.

And we’re back to the lab created theory, which ofc there’s no real evidence supporting this. We’ve also discussed this grant already too btw… and why work in North Carolina started a pandemic in China is something you should address. This is old news.

We haven’t, because this is a newly uncovered proposal. I disagree that the furin site “doesn’t hold up”, whatever that means. I have no interest in discussing it with you, but of course feel free to read the article and respond to it for other folks.

Well, we discussed something really fucking similar then. The lab created origin of covid remains wholly unsupported.

1 Like