On the morality of doxxing shitty cops using violence against innocent civilians

So, the doxxing of protesters at Charlottesville. Good or bad? I for one, was glad to know there were people from my area that attended. They are still alive unfortunately and causing issues here.

1 Like

:+1: Thanks for all you people do. :heart:

Don’t see any upside to doing it here. Doing it once won’t get us bit in the ass, doing it habitually might.

1 Like

Well I didn’t intend to say that but I’m often not eloquent enough to get my points across. I’m saying there’s no such thing as OK or not OK the only thing that matters is impact and this action had essentially 0 impact except making me feel better for 5 seconds. I was trying to say that way worse than that is going to have to be done to stave off fascism and it’s going to have to be done by people on the jman wing of the “good people coalition” eventually. Maybe I’m wrong about that and we can do it without compromising “our values” and without looking like (but not being) hypocrites but that is genuinely my belief.

1 Like

What about posting where the deplorables wife works? Maybe we should scare her a bit. That would send a message.

What about where their kids go to school? Maybe if we scare their kids they will think twice about being racist dickheads that need to burn in hell.

All this stuff could be found on the internet pretty easily.

I know literally no one in this thread is calling for this type of action but the principles that are being advocated could justify this type of behavior pretty easily.

It might end up being necessary. My morality says do the least harm that it takes to win but make sure you win convincingly because this is the battle for the human race’s future. I agree that this risks ceding the “moral high ground” but that isn’t a very useful concept when the enemy is willing to kill without thought or consequence. Morality is meaningless to the dead.

I agree that it’s fucked up. I wish someone could convince me that it wasn’t necessary.

This is a really terrible moral system. It’s the exact one that has lead to every war crime or genocide ever.

Agreed.

It’s always been about Us and Them, and always will be until the gap between the two diminishes significantly. After half a century of narrowing the gap we’ve recently seen it widen again, with terrible consequences.

Moral purity will lead to the destruction of most of the environment that we cherish, and even more extreme concentration of wealth in the hands of a tiny minority.

In extreme circumstances it’s correct to abandon absolute moral values and fight with whatever it takes eg WW2.

No it’s not in my head lol. That’s really quite grotesque.

Go and tell that to the the average African.

Massive, entrenched and growing inequality, looming climate collapse, the military spasms of a dying empire, these are all problems. There are people responsible for creating, exacerbating and preserving these problems. They are definitely separating the world into ‘Us’ and ‘Others’. What will we achieve by succeeding in not doing that? What’s the payoff?

What are you most horrified, outraged, disgusted, scared about - the gross inequality and exploitation of the weakest in the world, or by the possibility of losing some privileges that people in the west have grown accustomed to but that they now only enjoy because their governments borrow/print unsustainable amounts of money?

… and I assume she cracked your grandpa’s skull on the pavement and left him to bleed out. Otherwise it’s not the same thing at all.

The thing about “home address” being special is dumb and everyone here knows it. The address was found on one of those white pages listings that pop up when you Google the name. Everyone on the internet knows how to Google a name.

2 Likes

I have many moral boundaries but when it comes down to saving the planet some of them become porous, just as they would have in WW2 when it was necessary to kill human beings to prevent a greater evil.

How about you?

It’s all a trolley problem. Are you willing to kill one child to save 10,000? If not then you are going to end up responsible for a lot of death. The trolley is coming. Fast. We need to figure out the minimum amount of “evil” required to divert it. That might end up being a lot of evil. I don’t relish the prospect, it scares the living shit out of me. I don’t know if I’m capable of the required amount of evil, I hope I am. But the people driving the trolley sure as shit are.

3 Likes

So it sounds like you’re saying there’s no reason to post home addresses.

1 Like

I have no problem identifying specific officers by name, especially since their identities should always be public knowledge.

OTOH, I also agree with others who want to draw the line at home addresses, given the not insignificant chance that it may not be the cop’s current address.

1 Like

I haven’t even taken a pro-doxxing position period, but jman says posting the name is fine, but refuses to participate on a forum where his address is posted.

Stupid, huh? Or bad faith.