Omicron, Boosters, and Asymptomatic Spread

I bet this will be the sentence he ignores.

2 Likes

Because it’s irrelevant to the argument and the statement in dispute.

1 Like

Only if you failed high school bio. The failure to understand that is the entire reason for disagreement

Hey I’m not the one describing a virus escaping vaccination/immunity as magic, yo.

The fact that you think wookie or me has said something like that makes it unlikely you pass that class

No

Weird. That’s exactly how I read it too!

Maybe you guys just don’t communicate well?

Anyway, I know what you all argued and wrote. The time for discussion is over. Shoo away now.

We’ve posted follow up and clarification, but you keep going back to a single quotation that you think supports your bullshit rather than pay attention to any of that. Seems like it’s on you at this point. Is that the greatest, most clearly communicative post in the history of the universe? I have to concede it isn’t. Is someone who quotes it over and over rather than asking for clarification plainly trolling? Clearly yes.

2 Likes

Well, that’s a start. Certainly better than Ikes declaring that the post was correct, suggesting I’m stupid, and then going into an argle bargle appeal to authority.

It is correct, and you’re obviously being deliberately stupid about it. But I concede I didn’t make a post that was so clear you couldn’t be deliberately stupid about it.

The only thing you’ve ever tried to clear up as far as I can tell is that appreciable didn’t mean zero. You don’t say… And trying to suggest that we would somehow be surprised that it spreads less easily by the vaccinated. Much good faith sir.

But I mean if we can all agree now that the virus is spreading amongst and by the vaccinated at appreciable rates, I think we can all move along. Deal?

CN and I have never, not once, said that people who were vaccinated, despite being infected with covid, could not transmit. The post you keep quoting was about churchill highlighting vaccines not preventing transmission but at the same time not concerned with them preventing infection, which was and is bullshit. Infection and transmission have always been hand in hand. There has never been a variant that has transmitted without infection, and it is extraordinarily unlikely that there ever will be.

1 Like

Does either side here feel that the disagreement ITT leads to an appreciable difference in what public policy should be?

If “infection” includes “asymptomatic infection”, then “extraordinarily unlikely” might be an understatement. I mean, it’s essentially a truism, right?

Not exactly. Contact transmission is possible. Things like c diff and more can be spread that way. It’s very rare with respiratory viruses.

So, when you say it’s “very rare”, what’s that rare exception with respiratory viruses and how does that work

Droplets transferred from somewhere (a hand or whatever) to mucosal membranes. To take it to an extreme example, you’d probably transfer Covid if someone with Covid sneezed into your hand and your friend licked it clean.

That’s not how transmission primarily happens though.

Ha. I typed out almost that same example, but then I thought I’d just let you respond first.

But if that is the case, wookies post doesn’t really make sense. Unless where he said “transmitted” what he meant was “primarily transmitted”.

If your issue is with language that is qualitative rather than quantitative, as natural language tends to be, fine. We can both be more precisely quantitative. The last time I tried to be more precisely quantitative with you, “large compared to the number of vaccinated people who tested positive,” you seemed to have a hard time respecting that. But OK, if you want to be more quantitative in how we talk about words like “substantial” and “large” and “small,” that is fine with me, as long as it is reciprocated. As long as you define your “small” compared to whatever, I’ll define my “small” compared to whatever.