Omicron, Boosters, and Asymptomatic Spread

wow lol. I must have missed this whopper the first time around.

Eh, fuck that guy.

Do you believe JT is arguing that the vaccine does not change the number of overall cases but mere converts symptomatic cases to asymptomatic cases among the vaccinated with little effect on spread within the community?

What other respiratory viruses have been subject to as much testing to discover the extent of asymptomatic cases?

So your point is that you’re stanning Churchill? Wow. Big contribution.

And you’ll note I say ‘spreading efficiently’, not ‘spreading at all’. Vaccine escape has caused increased symptomatic vaccinated cases, which is what has allowed for more spread. That is entirely different than what I say there.

Again, I’m sure this basic correction will lead to an apology.

JT’s argument is basically ‘JT misread a post and refuses to accept any explanation that he misread it’ despite numerous attempts to tell him otherwise.

Nothing has ever been tested like covid has.

Lol why do I bother

1 Like

Do you believe JT misread a single post and has been doubling down on it all this time or has he been repeatedly misreading several posts on different aspects of COVID and each flare-up is caused by a new post that he misreads?

If people are misunderstanding your position, then it would be useful to identify what they think your position is. That would be more charitable than assuming some sort of personal animus that leads to an intentional misreading when they know what you really think for the purpose of bullying or causing forum drama.

I think that’s the most charitable reason for his behavior.

1 Like

Man you really can’t fucking read can you? Lol

Lol jt, I didn’t call anyones friend a liar. Have fun

Has anyone of CN, Wookie, CW, or I said you need to be contained? I get that one random poster not really involved in these discussions did.

You all liked the suggestion, (at least you, cuse, and CN), so even if you didn’t say it, you supported it. Or maybe you’re just trolling.

6 Likes

I agree in general about likes, but the post they liked was pretty specific and limited to saying that JT should be contained - I don’t see any other possible interpretation for the like.

They also have been silent on whether JT should be contained, so it’s not like we have any words to go on. If jman had posted above that he doesn’t think JT should be contained, sure, I’ll ignore the like and take him at his word, but all he did was try to deflect and say he hasn’t specifically called for containment.

1 Like

I mean, I don’t know what other way you can read:

But if you need it spelled out, no, I don’t think JT should be contained. I do think that this subject matter should be in it’s own thread.

I think that it’s always helpful when third party neutrals who are not on one of the “teams” point out obnoxious posting, yes. Did you really think that @superuberbob should no longer be allowed to post about what is happening in his country in the Covid thread?

Try to keep up. You asked how I could have hearted that post without agreeing with the premise. How could you have posted that he shouldn’t be allowed to post about his country without meaning it? Were you being insincere?

I have no idea. Maybe?

No, I said it wasn’t.

He wasn’t forced to. That was always his definition.

Two shots? Pretty likely. Three? I don’t think so, but there’s a non-zero chance. I wouldn’t mind seeing a study that more specifically quantifies R in those cases, but I don’t think there has been one. Planting your flag in statements made in April 2021 in the contest of 95% effective vaccine and before even the delta variant emerged as to how wrong we are about omicron is pretty much bullshit. You have to completely ignore context. If you had asked us at the time if R would be greater or less than one for a hypothetical variant that reduced the effectiveness against infection to less than 50% we’d say that transmission by vaccinated people would be much higher, R > 1. Germ theory isn’t about how vaccines make you impervious to transmitting disease. It’s about how you have to get infected to transmit, so a vaccine that doesn’t offer much protection against infection doesn’t offer much protection against transmission.

2 Likes