Righty ho.

So we can all agree what your definition of kindness is:

KINDNESS
Calling someone a liar
Telling them to read better
Calling them a troll
Asking them to improve their level of reading comprehension
Implying they have ulterior motives

I’ll come back and extend this list as other kind behaviours are added.

This is not a user containment thread. This is a subject matter containment thread. Also known as “a thread.”

Still fishing I see.

Someone proposed that this become a JT COVID containment thread, which to me suggests containing a particular user on a particular subject matter to a specific thread and keeping them out of the main COVID thread.

Do we need an RFC on containment threads?

How about an exclusion thread? I’m pretty sure if we had a COVID thread that excluded CN, Wookie, CW, and Jman, we could actually communicate like adults on the subject matter, even if we occasionally disagree. @anon10396289 is this something we can do without a KFCBBQ?

2 Likes

Yep. I started this thread to split off the discussion from the general COVID thread because people are clearly interested in discussing things like booster efficacy against omicron and COVID spread by vaccinated people but the general forum consensus is that discussion doesn’t belong in the main megathread. It was never meant to contain any user.

Excellent idea, and since you’re no longer a mod, farewell.

I don’t think that would be a good idea.

Containing people should be off limits as well. We have excellent tools to deal with people you (well not you) don’t wish to interact with!

Seems like the first time each day I look at UP there are dozens of posts in the covid threads with the same group of four or five people piling onto one, always the same person.

We were assured this would stop if only jalfrezi victor churchill didn’t post any more.

Containment is an excellent tool for keeping disruptive members from ruining multiple forums.

1 Like

I’m sold! If I could contain you, I would!

Wtf happened to you? Seriously?

1 Like

Many fine people on both sides calling each other assholes and liars ITT? Anyway, seems like the purpose of the thread at this point. Have at it imo, godspeed. Can’t promise other moderators will see it the same way so proceed with this line of inquiry at your own risk.

Thanks! It seems like responding in kind must be ok after all my flags yesterday were dismissed with prejudice!

I literally quoted your own post back to you, and presented data from your own source.

Please be kind and please stop name-calling.

Lol sp(Ikes)? Ramble on.

1 Like

Literally quoted your own posts back to you.

I’m not going to engage in name-calling and pointless bickering. If you want to stoop to that level, have at it.

I would very much prefer if you be kind and stop name calling. As you know I’m not allowed to ask you to stop anything.