**Official** Physicists are freaks and very weird dudes LC Thread

8 Likes

Doesnā€™t look like a Vampire Bat exactly I donā€™t think, but not enough not like a Vampire Bat to be sure. Also, you might not want to do a google search for ā€œbats in Uruguayā€. If you do get bit, well, seek medical attention. Try to bring the bat with you if you can.

I donā€™t think VBs bite people very often and it would be while you were asleep if they did. Probably safe to do battle.

eta: Are you in the red zone? In amongst the purple dots?

eta: sorry to hear about your marriage.

My youtube premium monthly trial is ending and I have no clue why I signed up for it, and now Iā€™m a tiny bit paranoid about cancelling it

Another one of thoseā€¦Hereā€™s how we paid off $80k in debt in one year storiesā€¦

https://grow.acorns.com/amp/how-i-paid-off-over-80000-in-one-year/

Iā€™m sure youā€™ll be as shocked as I am to discover that itā€™s rather easy if you budget, have an employed pharmacist in the family, and especially if you own your home and ā€œwhen we crunched the numbers, we found we would likely net $200,000, give or takeā€ after selling it.

7 Likes

Lol we were able to pay off our 80k debt when we realized we could easily make liquid 200k in assets.

10 Likes

Not a chiropterologist, but I can tell you that in Ireland, if a bat comes into your house, legally itā€™s effectively the batā€™s house now. You are now a guest of the bat, basically. Apparently theyā€™re quite good hosts.

2 Likes

Itā€™s a Christmas miracle!

2 Likes

Not $80k, but Iā€™ve paid off a fair amount of debt this year. I donā€™t know how interesting an article it would make if I said make some money and donā€™t buy anything. The dollar menu is your friend.

6 Likes

In order to net the 200k on selling their home, that means that the sales price was ~$550k. Assuming RE agent 5% and then another 1.5% in closing costs, and then another 1.5% in closing costs on the next home they purchased for less money, letā€™s say it was a $400k house. They paid $40k in transaction costs alone, not including moving costs or the 5 weeks of temporary housing they paid for between homes.

The title of the article should be ā€œThe worst way to pay of $80k in consumer debt when you have $200k in home equityā€.

2 Likes
5 Likes

Oh thatā€™s classic. The lady hiding behind the door. The dog pissing the floor. And ā€œyer tiring him out. Heā€™s got no legs left like McGregorā€. Lol.

We used tennis rackets back in the day to catch/corral bats that got in the house.

1 Like

Doesnā€™t look like a vampire bat to me.

Bats are cute and super easy to deal with, just get a Tupperware dish on it and slide the lid under and let it loose outside.

2 Likes

I like it when he says ā€œheā€™s making a mockery out of youā€ LOL

3 Likes

No, right on the coast due south of that zoneā€¦thankfully.

Cool. Neither bat, nor lizard scare me. Iā€™m still coming with my solar panels if I ever get the chance.

2 Likes

I love it when you talk dirty.

5 Likes

https://twitter.com/pixelatedboat/status/1338026232034672641?s=20

7 Likes

My monthly trial ended this week and I miss it desperately. YouTube ads are so effing annoying, and forcing you to click to skip drives me nuts when Iā€™m half watching something on the iPad. But $15 a month for YouTube just seems bonkers to me. So I suffer.

YouTube premium is the best money I spend. That being said we watch way more YouTube than cable or Netflix.

When I was in highschool, I went to Costa Rica with my uncle on a surf trip and I rolled over on a scorpion one night while sleeping. When we flicked on the light, it was in the middle of the bed and looked so menacing on the white sheet with its tail up. It was terrifying.

1 Like