**Official** Physicists are freaks and very weird dudes LC Thread

I get the April Fools hate

But I still can’t believe I got my mom with “Did you hear Mitch McConnell said he was willing to work with Joe Biden on his infrastructure plan?” I really thought I was going out there.

12 Likes

No need for Reddit. I can confirm it’s a mushroom

5 Likes

You have to at least once in this life have the experience of picking shrooms in a field and eating as you go and forgetting how many you ate and arriving at the realization that it was probably too many and holy frick hold on.

Eating shrooms found in the wild seems like the beginning of a test question for some sort of deadly poisoning to me.

EWRTC5UDC4I6TH4BDKHTZHMHXY

A depraved, power-hungry sociopath and his client.

1 Like

Purple/brown imo

1 Like

Eating wild mushrooms just seems wild to me. Like I’m sure they’re super delicious like better than the store just like a tomato from your garden is 1000 times better than a grocery store tomato but it just doesn’t seem worth it like it’s so risky isn’t it? Like by my house there’s some mushroom that grows every spring and everyone goes in the woods to pick it but there’s also a mushroom that looks basically the exact same that is poison and if you eat that mushroom on accident I think that you die so like I don’t know it just seems crazy. I would just never feel comfortable enough to eat a single mushroom like I would need a scientist to analyze the mushroom before I could eat it. And I still wouldn’t feel totally comfortable with it. This is just my crazy talking though so it’s probably actually super safe if you know what your doing but to my mind it’s just like the people that jump off a mountain with like a wing suit and fly around and it’s probably pretty fun but sometimes they crash into the side of the mountain.

3 Likes

Is that relish dyed green?

1 Like

There is this mushroom called the Giant Puffball Mushroom that people cut into steaks and eat. There is a video of people harvesting these massive mushrooms from a cemetery and grilling them.

It is pretty long but I found it enjoyable.

3 Likes

This mushroom is so ridiculously big lol. I don’t think my brain could handle eating it the way he cut it though I’d be so confused like it looks like a giant bbq pork chops or a huge slice of bread. He also shows a picture of him holding and displaying the giant mushroom the same way people take a picture of a big fish. Is that a thing too in mushroom hunting? Are there mushroom people that are basically just trophy hunters that only search for gigantic mushrooms ?

1 Like

I hope

4 Likes

You get a lot of mud in your mouth that way, or at least you do here in our wet autumns. Probably good for the immune system, as my dad used to say.

I remember in our youths we used to pick them every season. An old mate and I came across a bumper patch and picked about 300 in no time at all. Took them back to his house and ate the lot. Later, Frank Zappa came on the radio with his latest song about frogs and their lips or w/e, and I couldn’t understand why my mate’s dad was talking to the cat, but it was quite amusing.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/maxcroser/status/1377250122870980611?s=21

5 Likes

I have done lots of work in longevity analysis, its pretty interesting stuff.

More wild Aussie beasts…

Is this the sequel to My Octopus Teacher?

I don’t think those curves follow that pattern over all human history/pre-history. (mid-19th century sucked)

It would be really interesting to see. OWID has a general life expectancy chart too, which actually shows the mid-18th as a bit of an improvement:

I’d be very interested to see what the deep history/prehistory charts look like, but I don’t know if the data is there?

The Gosar siblings are back.

1 Like

Is this the guy whose entire family made a video telling people not to vote for him?

And then he won anyway lol

1 Like