**Official** Physicists are freaks and very weird dudes LC Thread

The good faith argument is that cash bail deters people from committing more crimes and skipping out on court. It didn’t occur to anyone until recently that it may not.

1 Like

That is a slam dunk run outside and strike for maximum damage situation.

Watching that is making me physically sick. Anyone watching that close and not responding is taking permanent loss to their own humanity.

I was blessed years ago to witness a fellow employee rush outside of a pizzeria in downtown Little Rock and confront a man putting his hands on a female cohort. They looked pretty rough and spun out.

He screamed at the top of his lungs “Don’t you ever put your hands on her.” I was amazed but also humbled at his immediate reaction.

It’s your job as a human being to impede any time you see a male strike a female. WCS it was unnecessary and you walk away feeling embarrassed.

Another one. Fuck these assholes who supported the bill (or stayed silent) and now want credit for opposing it.

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1377346206980956164?s=21

Coke missed a chance to be the official bottled water of people standing in line waiting to vote.

6 Likes

If you read the article - the guy just worked at the hospital, he didn’t treat Navalny, and he suffered a stroke. The other doctor died of a heart attack. Maybe those were fake diagnoses - but the article doesn’t even try to assert that. Clickbaity tweet.

1 Like

A play in three acts.

https://twitter.com/coffeespoonie/status/1368486822276444160

https://twitter.com/cushbomb/status/1368654396511248385

https://twitter.com/profpetunia/status/1377368219237806083

1 Like

Hopefully that discourages future parties from occurring.

Can we please cancel April Fools. Stupidest fucking thing ever, throw in a pandemic and it throws me into a blind rage.

4 Likes

This is the exact strategy the Republican Party is using with the COVID relief bill, right? They are all playing out of the same playbook.

Oh, no, you are crazy if you think they aren’t going to try to pull that shit, with some marketing campaign with a bunch of POc handing out water and emotional
Music playing with clips of MLK as voiceover.

No…

My online game got me this morning, we’ve been looking for a secret spot on the map for a few weeks now and Cords were posted for it on our discord and had to wait 3 hours to see IF it worked… realised once I was at work that I’d been done like a kipper.

The Trump Era really killed April Fool’s right? I used to kinda enjoy it, last four years it was like “fuck I cannot right now.”

No… He promoted it to everyday.

“Dont compliment people on weight loss”

I think this article is really really dumb. Having recently lost 40 lbs, I love when people notice and compliment it.

For one, it affirms the outdated narrative that smaller is better, thinner is the ideal, and achieving a slim figure is better than being plus size. That fat people are unattractive, obesity is your own fault.

Obesity is very very rarely not a result of lifestyle choices. Choices you make every day, and choices that can have severe impacts on your long term health. If I didn’t lose my weight I was on the fast track to diabetes by 40 like my dad, who died at 57 from heart disease. For him, obesity was definitely NOT better. And it was his fault.

This is the kind of dumbass logic I hear all the time. Obesity is one of the biggest health crises we have in this nation (if not the biggest??) and it contributes to an overwhelming amount of societal cost, and not just money either. I gotta live my whole life without a dad because of it.

So stop this normalizing obesity ffs. We are already a fat as hell nation. I’m all for making beauty standards less about being thin, but hell, we’re already THERE. Big asses and bodies are in vogue now. Not my style, but we have definitely shifted away from the stick figure thin model look of the early aughts.

/rant

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: NCAA v. Alston

NCAA content gets its own thread.

3 Likes

Can you do me a favour and take me off the main post as I don’t want to be seeing all the replies, thanks in advance.

:+1:

You can mute a thread.

2 Likes

Just switch to normal or muted.

EDIT: what jmakin said.

1 Like