**Official** Physicists are freaks and very weird dudes LC Thread

JUST BECAUSE I BROUGHT IT UP OUT OF THE BLUE ON FACEBOOK DOESN’T MEAN I WANT TO TALK ABOUT IT OK?

1 Like

BET YOU WON’T SHARE THIS!

1 Like

I MEAN WHO WOULD BELIEVE ME ANYWAY

Lol, that’s so tacky, what a drama queen to mourn the loss of a pregnancy in such a visible way. Doesn’t she know you’re supposed to bottle that shit up??

1 Like

The feelings or the fetus?

4 Likes

I can’t tell how sarcastic you are being but really, facebook’s not the place for that. Even if it were, it could be MASSIVELY triggering for women (or men) who have suffered miscarriage or a painful abortion.

ETA:

To be clear I am not against women that talk about their miscarriages or abortions on facebook. But posting a picture of an actual dressed up dead fetus is creepy, horrific, and unnecessary at best.

6 Likes

It reads as 100% sarcastic, but agree. Don’t really like it here either for the same reason. (Doesn’t affect me personally, but I don’t think many here think jokes like that are very funny)

I bring this up because people here were ripping cities for not allowing this.

These people are mentally ill.

5 Likes

Putting clothes on a corpse and inviting all your friends to take a look at it is actually a pretty well-established way of grieving.

But it just seems like a profound lack of compassion. The reason your cousin is doing weird shit is that she’s grieving deeply for the baby she thought she was going to have. Rating her displays of sadness for tastefulness is really missing the point.

7 Likes

https://twitter.com/ActionMovieKid/status/1369983815670636545

2 Likes

I don’t know how to even address this but to just laugh. You are insane.

The 2024 election is gonna be fun

Hopefully the Democrats fight back with their own deepfakes because you know for sure the Republicans will have theirs. Without them, they’re screwed.

https://mobile.twitter.com/DuncanWChisholm/status/1370287792824156161

3 Likes

Politicians are going to love this. Now any incriminating footage will just be a deep fake.

1 Like

It was a dead stillborn fetus. Not someone dressed up for a formal burial.

Yes they used to dress dead children up and took pictures of them in like, the 1800’s. I am mostly laughing at “profound lack of compassion” in response to me thinking it’s weird and horrifying someone would post a picture of their dead fetus on their page, with no spoiler or trigger warning or anything. Yea I’m the weirdo here, clearly.

Don’t really need any psychoanalysis, thanks.

Lol. Too hilarious.

5 Likes

NSF squeamish posters, accident about to happen.

https://mobile.twitter.com/ImIncorrigible/status/1370376336859148291

Sure but bobman is being ridiculous when he said jmakin has a ‘profound lack of compassion’. That’s the point here. No one thinks that having a miscarriage isn’t sad. It remains really weird to post pictures of corpses on Facebook, regardless of the age of the person.

2 Likes

Yes. Grief can make people do weird shif. But weird people also do weird shit whether they’re grieving or not.

So there’s no telling which of these it is from the information that weird shit has happened…and that’s pretty weird behaviour in western culture.

Maybe for like medieval Catholic saints or something.