**Official** Physicists are freaks and very weird dudes LC Thread

That last joke was just for me.

5 Likes

There needs to be a single word with two or fewer syllables to describe this.

This is a real photo and not photoshopped.

https://twitter.com/ZombieTrev5k/status/1352523948517257216/photo/1

12 Likes

This is so awesome!

1 Like

14 Likes

12 Likes

PSA: I got a debit card in the mail for my $600 of stimulus. I thought sure it was a scam because I mean it doesn’t even have Trump’s name on it. Apparently it’s real so don’t throw yours out.

1 Like

12 Likes

Me at 11pm tonight when I ship the mega millions

2 Likes

wtf how have i not heard about this

wat

It was announced today that ex Australian Rules Football player Shane Tuck, who killed himself at the age of 38, had a very severe case of chronic traumatic encephalopathy (CTE):

“It’s the worst case I’ve seen so far,” said neuropathologist professor Michael Buckland, one of the brain bank’s founders. “It was actually quite shocking, the degree of disease he had.”

CTE (chronic traumatic encephalopathy) can only be diagnosed after death. The giveaway is a build-up in the brain of a protein called tau. “Once I got the tau stains back, it was the first time I didn’t need a microscope to make the diagnosis,” Buckland said. “There was so much tau I could see it with the naked eye.”

He joins Danny Frawley (who also killed himself at 56, by driving his car into a tree at high speed) and Polly Farmer (who died of natural causes at 84) in getting a CTE diagnosis at autopsy. Although American football is probably the worst because of collisions on the line and blindside hits etc, it seems like all full-contact sports ruin people’s brains to some extent. Rugby league players here have also been found to have CTE.

For a lot of americans, part of the enjoyment of football is that these players are putting their lives and health on the line. It’s not a bug it’s a feature.

1 Like

This is a dude’s name in Australia?

Australian football is sick though, came across this random video while trying to figure out what the hell it actually was:

The few bicycle kicks were crazy

1 Like

Nickname. His name was Graham.

According to Farmer, he was nicknamed “Polly the Parrot” as a six-year-old because people thought he chattered away like a parrot.

It’s basically a combination of punt returns, kick offs, tip drills, and field goals. At half time they have orange wedges on the field. The are probably running more than soccer players. Fun to watch.

I take a pretty dim view of football, but I really don’t think this is the case.

Ask yourself why people get so pissy every time they make rules to protect players. people wanna see gore man. It’s as old as the roman gladiators

2 Likes