**Official** Physicists are freaks and very weird dudes LC Thread

Contrary take, the shallow subversiveness of some of Carlin’s social commentary is closer to populist Trumpism (“the man is trying to steal our votes!”) than the kind of normie establismentarianism that allows for effective government.

This only goes to part of Carlin’s critique, and some of his stuff is on target, but he’s sometimes downright shallow. Same with Bill Hicks.

Jesus

https://twitter.com/KenJennings/status/1326950916415578113?s=20

2 Likes

I haven’t seen Parasite, but Whitford is definitely an anti-Trump liberal. Probably a poorly done meme or he was posting it as a commentary on Trumpian cluelessness.

" Whitford has been described as having “liberal views”.[28] He contributed to The Huffington Post as a columnist.[33] He serves on the Board of Advisors of Let America Vote, an organization founded by former Missouri Secretary of State Jason Kander that aims to end voter suppression.[34]

In 2011, Whitford spoke at a protest in his native Madison, Wisconsin in opposition to Governor Scott Walker’s budget repair bill.[35] Prior to the 2012 United States elections, Whitford and Courage Campaign founder, Rick Jacobs, appeared together in a video that elaborated on California’s Proposition 30 and Proposition 32;[36] the video encouraged viewers to vote “yes” on the former and “no” on the latter.[37] Leading up to the 2014 Wisconsin gubernatorial election, Whitford visited multiple University of Wisconsin System campuses in support of nominee Mary Burke, who went on to lose against incumbent Governor Scott Walker.[38] Whitford supported Hillary Clinton in the 2016 United States presidential election.[39] He has been a vocal critic of US President Donald Trump.[40]

In 2019, he co-hosted a fundraiser for Democratic presidential candidate Pete Buttigieg alongside actress Gwyneth Paltrow as well as donated to Buttigieg’s 2020 presidential campaign.[41] That same year, Whitford appeared in a public service announcement in support of abortion rights alongside other cast members of The Handmaid’s Tale .[42] The following year, he appeared as part of a series of “surprise virtual appearances” in support of Joe Biden’s 2020 presidential campaign.[43]"

i mean, parasite itself and this fairly poor meme even more so are definitely in rorschach territory

To commemorate the losing of my M-vatar (apparently me and @MasterofthePwn had the same color). I’m honored to have my one of a kind, hand drawn depiction of Eli Cash as the new Conman-vatar.

For those that don’t know, from the movie The Royal Tenanbaums:

everyone knows that Custer died at the battle of little big horn. What this book presupposes is…maybe he didn’t

That line never fails to crack me up. :heart: Owen Wilson.

10 Likes

Tomorrow is the second Friday the 13th of 2020. Here are the headlines from the first one:

3 Likes

Maybe its just because I’m the target audience but Royal Tenenbaums is a god damn masterpiece that deserves way more credit.

8 Likes

The French Dispatch, the next movie by Wes Anderson, also with Bill Murray (and many others, incl Owen Wilson) in it, was supposed to come out a while ago, but delayed because of covid.

Close between Wes Anderson movies and COVID for worse plague upon the earth imo.

Haven’t seen Tenenbaums though.

1 Like

Wes Anderson is like rhubarb. You love him or you hate him. Both are understandable positions.

Bottle Rocket, The Royal Tenenbaums, and Rushmore are all awesome.

2 Likes

Wes Anderson is so weird. I don’t like full Wes Anderson. Didn’t care for Rushmore which might as well be 0 on the scale of Wes Anderson. 10 is The French Dispatch

French Dispatch is coming, but if this isn’t 10/10 Wes Anderson I don’t know what is.

I like a 2-6 Wes Anderson.

1 Like

take bottle rocket out, put fantastic mr fox in.

How about the movie that came out 4 or 5 years ago about an Indian kid working as a bellhop at some old, fancy hotel. I liked that one, was it a Wes Anderson?

1 Like

Yes, same dude.

5 Likes

That’s the only WA movie I’ve liked.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/CopingMAGA/status/1326709737979719682

lol

2 Likes

I have never seen a Wes Anderson movie.

Have not seen Bottle Rocket but will check it out based on your recommendation. Loved both of the others and also enjoyed Moonrise Kingdom and The Life Aquatic.

Grand Budapest Hotel may be my favorite of all of his movies, though. F. Murray Abraham left me feeling just the right amount of sad at the end.